Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ski, while the MCX was designed by one of the designers of the HK 416 that individual no longer works for Sig. It is my understanding he left due to differences over changes Sig insisted on making to cut costs in production of the MCX.

At this point I will not buy any Sig product until Cohen is gone.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    ski, while the MCX was designed by one of the designers of the HK 416 that individual no longer works for Sig. It is my understanding he left due to differences over changes Sig insisted on making to cut costs in production of the MCX.

At this point I will not buy any Sig product until Cohen is gone.
    Kevin B. from Q said he felt Sig cut corners on the MCX as well, keeping it from being a great firearm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I try to take anything said by a competitor with a grain of salt. While at Sig, Kevin B. Said that Sig absolutely improved on the Honey Badger. This story changed when he left.

I was aware that Robert Hirt left Sig around 2015 due to the direction they started heading. The MCX still has caught the attention of some rather serious individuals and organizations world wide and Sig's stated goal was to take HK's rifle business. It is on them to **** it up or not. I just hope they don't try to chase the absolute cheapest solution for every problem they encounter. Enventually it will become cheaper to have stricter quality control instead of issueing so many call tags. I hope it works out but I still approach the rifle with cautious curiosity.

Joe R.- Cohen being sacked would stand to be one of the best bits of news from the industry in years.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 09-20-17 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    It appears that the trigger recall does not infact pertain to the virtus and its lack of availability is instead good old fashion inability to manage production schedules. It does look that one did ship yesterday to my FFL of preference so I may look it over and pick it up instead of the Rattler but I would prefer a 300bk.

I gave up on my first MCX after I was on my third changing handle. I am willing to give it another go because they fixed the portion of the design that I found lacking but as you can tell from my signature field I have a rather complicated and unflattering view of Sig's management. We shall see.

If this one is a turd I will just stick to proved performers. There are a lot of respected people that have thrown their name behind this carbine and it has more potential than anything else out there. Sig just needs to step up and maintain quality control, the thing has roots with the HK 416 design team for ****s sake.
    If you say so.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.sigsauer.com/support/saf...afety-warning/

There is the recall notice. The Virtus is not listed and there are rifles on Gunbroker right now. If they called back some rifles, then those that already shipped are not affected and I know Sig is shipping Virtus rifles again as of Tuesday.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    https://www.sigsauer.com/support/saf...afety-warning/

There is the recall notice. The Virtus is not listed and there are rifles on Gunbroker right now. If they called back some rifles, then those that already shipped are not affected and I know Sig is shipping Virtus rifles again as of Tuesday.
    Specifically, it says: "This recall does not affect any military or law enforcement rifles or any SIG MCX®/SIG MPX® products." So for the MCX/Virtus/Rattler, this is a non-issue unless it becomes one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by interfan View Post
    Specifically, it says: "This recall does not affect any military or law enforcement rifles or any SIG MCX®/SIG MPX® products." So for the MCX/Virtus/Rattler, this is a non-issue unless it becomes one.
    handled the Virtus today. The two stage trigger was crap compared to other stuff on the market. Everything else seemed great. The finish was the same PVD found on the Legion handguns. I had heard conflicting information that it might be CeraKote. Overall I was impressed by the changes they made.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    rat.jpg

This thing is tiny. It is shorter than a 10.4" upper with a dead air key mount installed while it has a suppressor mounted. I lined up the breach on both rifles for the photo. It didn't really register how small the Rattler truly was until I laid it over the HK. Thank god dead air doesn't have a minimum barrel length restriction with their cans.

Also, the Rattler ships with a Magpul K grip instead of the ridiculous looking grip in promotional shots.

One of local PDs also picked up the MCX for their squad cars. Their rifles are 11in 5.56 SBRs with matching Sig QD cans. Looked identical to a virtus (more angular receiver and Mlok) but was black anodized instead of Grey PVD.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 09-30-17 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    I ran across this pic of the MCX "upgraded" bolt after they did a recall a couple years back.

It looks WICKEDLY similar to a KAC SR15 E3 Bolt!

Pic (not mine):

MCX_G2_bolt-321867.jpg

I have ordered an MCX and am curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with the MCX upgraded bolt compared to the KAC E3 bolt?

~Will

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie_D View Post
    I ran across this pic of the MCX "upgraded" bolt after they did a recall a couple years back.

It looks WICKEDLY similar to a KAC SR15 E3 Bolt!

Pic (not mine):

MCX_G2_bolt-321867.jpg

I have ordered an MCX and am curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with the MCX upgraded bolt compared to the KAC E3 bolt?

~Will
    The part they upgraded is on the other end. All gen 2 sig sauer bolts ar and mcx have round lugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast