Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Attachment 47783

This thing is tiny. It is shorter than a 10.4" upper with a dead air key mount installed while it has a suppressor mounted. I lined up the breach on both rifles for the photo. It didn't really register how small the Rattler truly was until I laid it over the HK. Thank god dead air doesn't have a minimum barrel length restriction with their cans.

Also, the Rattler ships with a Magpul K grip instead of the ridiculous looking grip in promotional shots.

One of local PDs also picked up the MCX for their squad cars. Their rifles are 11in 5.56 SBRs with matching Sig QD cans. Looked identical to a virtus (more angular receiver and Mlok) but was black anodized instead of Grey PVD.
    How are 300BLK ballistics out of 5.5"?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For sub Sonics it shouldn’t be a concern. Until I manage to get out with a friend that owns a chrono I won’t know first hand how it does with supers.

As for the bolt. The Most interesting part about the Bolt is actually the rear of the lugs. They are not flat and perpendicular to the bore like all other multi lug bolts before it. It has a radius and taper at the rear of the lug. Supposedly it greatly improves the life of the bolt.

Here is a picture I took to show this.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 10-02-17 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    All done up.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Snakebite

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie_D View Post
    I ran across this pic of the MCX "upgraded" bolt after they did a recall a couple years back.

It looks WICKEDLY similar to a KAC SR15 E3 Bolt!

Pic (not mine):

Attachment 47810

I have ordered an MCX and am curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with the MCX upgraded bolt compared to the KAC E3 bolt?

~Will
    Not even close!!

The MCX G2 bolt is something like an HK-416 and an SR15e3 had an offspring bolt.

The radius in between the lugs is not nearly as robust as the KAC E3 bolt lugs, and the MCX Gen 2 is a standard extractor design.

The interesting part is the backside of the lugs on the MCX Gen2, as those aren't radiused, but are smoothed out a bit as well.

Interesting bolt for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie_D View Post
    Not even close!!

The MCX G2 bolt is something like an HK-416 and an SR15e3 had an offspring bolt.

The radius in between the lugs is not nearly as robust as the KAC E3 bolt lugs, and the MCX Gen 2 is a standard extractor design.

The interesting part is the backside of the lugs on the MCX Gen2, as those aren't radiused, but are smoothed out a bit as well.

Interesting bolt for sure.

The new bolt certainly looks interesting.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/ZWJf_f2fzuA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To update; SIG agreed that my continual issue(s) with my original rifle have gone on long enough. They decided to replace the rifle under warranty.

I have just taken delivery of my new Virtus in 223 and have just had enough time to get a 10yd zero so no feedback on accuracy. I'm hoping to have more info there this weekend.

The 300BLK barrels are backordered from SIG at the moment but should be back in stock shortly.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    To update; SIG agreed that my continual issue(s) with my original rifle have gone on long enough. They decided to replace the rifle under warranty.

I have just taken delivery of my new Virtus in 223 and have just had enough time to get a 10yd zero so no feedback on accuracy. I'm hoping to have more info there this weekend.

The 300BLK barrels are backordered from SIG at the moment but should be back in stock shortly.

Beautiful! I will have one of these before christmas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another photo.

Note the addition of MBUS Pro sights and a SIG Romeo4 red dot.

Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast