Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Anodizing type 3 hardcoat any color besides black and trying to match is a pain.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-07-18 at 19:45.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-16-18 at 21:45.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I saw that the Army Bought some Rattler conversion kits at the beginning of the month. I don't think many people are surprised. The initial PDW RFP went out mid 2017 and the only thing that got close was the MCX and a couple months later Sig announced the Rattler. The Rattler exists because of the PDW RFP. What is interesting is that in the 9 months since no other company has expressed interest in meeting the RFP. I was also surprised to read that it is being managed by the ARMY component of SOCOM. I was under the impression that it was a NSW driven program.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I saw that the Army Bought some Rattler conversion kits at the beginning of the month. I don't think many people are surprised. The initial PDW RFP went out mid 2017 and the only thing that got close was the MCX and a couple months later Sig announced the Rattler. The Rattler exists because of the PDW RFP. What is interesting is that in the 9 months since no other company has expressed interest in meeting the RFP. I was also surprised to read that it is being managed by the ARMY component of SOCOM. I was under the impression that it was a NSW driven program.
    Who else has anything close to the MCX especially if modularity is desired?

I guess Ruger could easily redesign the SR556TD upper to work as something shorter than 16in but they seem to have little or no interest in .gov or .mil products.

LMT could also modify their monolithic upper to work with a barrel shorter than 12in especially since the MCX and LMT share a barrel mounting system that's very similar in design.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who else has anything close to the MCX especially if modularity is desired?

I guess Ruger could easily redesign the SR556TD upper to work as something shorter than 16in but they seem to have little or no interest in .gov or .mil products.

LMT could also modify their monolithic upper to work with a barrel shorter than 12in especially since the MCX and LMT share a barrel mounting system that's very similar in design.

Yeah, but the LMT would still need a buffer tube, right? Probably that would push it out of contention due the required overall length.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That was the hardest part. It needed to fire and cycle with the stock folded, and be no longer that 16 inches in the shortest firing configuration. It also needed to fit a normal ar lower. Plus the OTB requirement all but eliminated DI guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    That was the hardest part. It needed to fire and cycle with the stock folded, and be no longer that 16 inches in the shortest firing configuration. It also needed to fit a normal ar lower. Plus the OTB requirement all but eliminated DI guns.
    If the stock must fold that eliminates everything out there that I'm aware of. Everything that fits on a legacy M16 lower anyway.

FN was (still is?) working on a similar concept but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had only heard mention of FN having a conversion years ago and didn't think anything of it. I doubt FN would hold out on on the Army if they had a working gun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If the stock must fold that eliminates everything out there that I'm aware of. Everything that fits on a legacy M16 lower anyway.

FN was (still is?) working on a similar concept but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

The Rock River Arms PDS is a good concept, although I think they failed on the execution. It would be nice if somebody with a better reputation could take the design and improve it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    The Rock River Arms PDS is a good concept, although I think they failed on the execution. It would be nice if somebody with a better reputation could take the design and improve it.
    Isn't that what SIG has done?

Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast