Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX: When is an AR not an AR?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    The bolt is different on the virtus from the updated carrier on older model?
    No. But if you buy an og mcx you might not have the new bolt

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. So, the best deal is to try to find the later model mcx that is not a virtus.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. So, the best deal is to try to find the later model mcx that is not a virtus.
    Up to you. If you find a newer manufactured mcx it will have the new bolt and virtus barrel. Than you can get the mcx trigger and midwest mlok handguard and a red dot for virtus money.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome advice. Thank you. Do you know how to delineate when the newer models came out with the updated bolt and barrel? Sorry for taking up all your time, however, you seem to know your shit. I really appreciate your knowledge and input .

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Awesome advice. Thank you. Do you know how to delineate when the newer models came out with the updated bolt and barrel? Sorry for taking up all your time, however, you seem to know your shit. I really appreciate your knowledge and input .
    You will have to go through them at the store and pick one with a manufacture date after 06/17

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In general, what do you think about the quality of the rifle? Any issues that concern you? Is there anything else you would consider at that price point instead of it. I have two SR15s, and thus, I am covered on the DI side. I had a BREN, however, I had some issues that made me lose confidence in the rifle and CZ took it back. The B&T APC looks great, however, it is very expensive and with the current climate who knows if it will ever make it here. Yes, I am like a woman picking out a dress. Sorry if I am being repetitive. Love this site!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    In general, what do you think about the quality of the rifle? Any issues that concern you? Is there anything else you would consider at that price point instead of it. I have two SR15s, and thus, I am covered on the DI side. I had a BREN, however, I had some issues that made me lose confidence in the rifle and CZ took it back. The B&T APC looks great, however, it is very expensive and with the current climate who knows if it will ever make it here. Yes, I am like a woman picking out a dress. Sorry if I am being repetitive. Love this site!!!
    I have had no issues besides having to send in the bolt for the upgrade

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Magpul and Lancer have both just recently came out with specific 300 Blackout AR pattern mags that will increase the reliability of your rifle over the standard AR type mags.

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag...gen-m3-300-blk

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/...rod116416.aspx

Feedback Score
    Just a heads-up: the 5.56 MCX pistol I just bought still has the just-thicker-than-pencil MCX barrel, with the gas block close to the chamber. It did come with a shortened, MCX adapted version of the new gas piston/gas valve setup of the Virtus, but definitely doesn't have the absurdly heavy Virtus barrel. Either my example is transitional or that's just the way newly made legacy MCXs are being sold. Installing a Virtus barrel would only require a barrel swap and a new bolt anyway, so who knows?

If there's a theoretical concern I have with the design, it's the l̶o̶w̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶i̶p̶r̶o̶c̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶s̶ *, short distance from chamber to gas port, and many points of entry into the receiver compared to an AR15. The gap under the charging handle and the gap left at the front, when they machined the receiver for the charging handle and oprod above the chamber, would be the trickiest to try and address DIY if someone wanted to play around in mud puddles.

*I just measured and found the MCX Gen 2 carrier is actually 3 grams heavier than a BCM carrier assembly, buffer weight excluded.
    Last edited by Aries144; 03-06-18 at 19:14. Reason: correction

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    You will have to go through them at the store and pick one with a manufacture date after 06/17

I’ve only handled one a couple of times. How do you tell manufacture date on one?

Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast