Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr SSG-69 Discontinued

Feedback Score
    Nobody knows the thread pitch? It's nowhere online.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I'll let you know when I get mine
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Dammit!!! Ok. Well. Picking mine up tomorrow. Yeah Son!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Please do post up the thread pitch.

Feedback Score
    Ok. Well. Forgot to check manual. Not in my possession any longer. Anybody?

Feedback Score
    What's the barrel twist on these rifles?

Is the Picatinny rail integral with the receiver or is it screwed on?

How does the magazine work? Is it detachable box?

What's the point of the double trigger models? Why would I not just want a 20" version with a threaded barrel and a single trigger?

McMillan does indeed make a replacement stock: https://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan...stocks-ssg-69/ . This would make adding accessories quite easy.

Looks like a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    What's the barrel twist on these rifles?

Is the Picatinny rail integral with the receiver or is it screwed on?

How does the magazine work? Is it detachable box?

What's the point of the double trigger models? Why would I not just want a 20" version with a threaded barrel and a single trigger?

McMillan does indeed make a replacement stock: https://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan...stocks-ssg-69/ . This would make adding accessories quite easy.

Looks like a good deal.
    Up until now, the twist has been 1-12" except for P-IV models which are/were 1-10". I would assume these last ones would be the same 1-12". Just FYI: My 1-12" SSG shoots 185 Berger Juggernauts just fine.

I don't know how the Pic rail attaches on these, but in the past Steyr has offered at least two rails I know of. The most recent slides on the integral dovetails (tightly, as in needs brass hammer to slide that last little bit) then secured with set screws. Previously, they sold a similar one that requires drilling and tapping for the lock screws. I have no idea what these last ones use. To my surprise, the newer type has stayed solid on mine.

The magazine is detachable. It's a five-round rotary (picture a 10/22). Additional ones are around $70 from Steyr USA. Ten-round mags used to be made but not in a while and bring well over $200.

The double trigger is a set trigger. Pull the rear trigger to reduce the pull weight of the front tigger to a few ounces. Or use the front trigger normally. A lot of people seem to want double set triggers, but I prefer the single- It's simpler, it allows more room in the trigger guard, and it's a good trigger anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anybody ever figure out the thread pitch on these?

My call to Steyr has not yet been returned by the guy who said PII's were never threaded and he'd have to check on it. Local hardware store did not have bolts in the correct size to compare with the thread protector. Since I don't know a lot about comparative thread sizes, and this may be a dumb question especially to those who know, what's the chances you could mix up say 18x1.5 or 18x1 with 5/8x24?

The reason I ask is that I have a 5/8x24 MB I haven't installed on another rifle yet and it goes about half way on to my threaded PIIK with no resistance and good connection. About half way I get some small resistance. After then removing no damage or wear is visible to either thread set, however I really don't want to mess either the brake or especially the barrel threading up by going any further without being certain. FWIW the thread protector itself was on there super tight, needed a rag wrapped pliers to get off.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
    Anybody ever figure out the thread pitch on these?

My call to Steyr has not yet been returned by the guy who said PII's were never threaded and he'd have to check on it. Local hardware store did not have bolts in the correct size to compare with the thread protector. Since I don't know a lot about comparative thread sizes, and this may be a dumb question especially to those who know, what's the chances you could mix up say 18x1.5 or 18x1 with 5/8x24?

The reason I ask is that I have a 5/8x24 MB I haven't installed on another rifle yet and it goes about half way on to my threaded PIIK with no resistance and good connection. About half way I get some small resistance. After then removing no damage or wear is visible to either thread set, however I really don't want to mess either the brake or especially the barrel threading up by going any further without being certain. FWIW the thread protector itself was on there super tight, needed a rag wrapped pliers to get off.
    I'll see if I can't find out tomorrow for you. Send me a pm tomorrow to remind me. Also yours is .308 correct?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, yes, for those wondering, the new ones from CDNN are 5/8x24. Hat tip to steyrman13 for confirmation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast