Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Fix Magnification Scope

Feedback Score

Lightweight Fix Magnification Scope

I just moved a Leupold vx-3 from my m1a to ar. It is 1.5-5 and I like the feel of it. Eye box at higher mag seems a little picky but need to shoot still. Reticle is illuminated dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I am running a Leupold VXR Patrol on an AP ultralight mount. Total weight 14 3/4 OZ and its 1X4. For comparison an AimPoint PRO on Bobro QD weighs 12 OZ.
    +1 for this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want a rugged, compact/light weight, fixed power optic IMO there is nothing better than an ACOG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    If you want a rugged, compact/light weight, fixed power optic IMO there is nothing better than an ACOG.
    I keep seeing this a lot. Like many things, I guess there's a reason they are priced where they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am looking to lighten up my Colt LE6920 also as it now wears a Burris 1.5-6x40 which is a bit heavy with mount and all. Nice scope, but I want to switch off with something lighter to make the rifle a bit handier. I am thinking a fixed 4x scope with good eye relief. I don't want to spend ACOG prices, maybe stay under $350. This rifle is a range gun, and I may run some courses with it.

My other option is to just throw an Aimpoint Pro on it, but I LIKE have some magnification.

Feedback Score

fixed 4x or 3x

Pilot,

If you want a fixed 4x or 3x prism scope check out primary arms. They are based in Pearland, TX and for the $$$ these scopes can't be beat. Some will argue that they are not German or Japanese glass. We all know where these products are made. The key is quality control. I have their scope on my AR chambered in the AK round with a reticle made specifically with that round. The ACSS reticle has held zero and I've shot out to 200 yds with amazing accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I am looking to lighten up my Colt LE6920 also as it now wears a Burris 1.5-6x40 which is a bit heavy with mount and all. Nice scope, but I want to switch off with something lighter to make the rifle a bit handier. I am thinking a fixed 4x scope with good eye relief. I don't want to spend ACOG prices, maybe stay under $350. This rifle is a range gun, and I may run some courses with it.

My other option is to just throw an Aimpoint Pro on it, but I LIKE have some magnification.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    No experience with the PA prism scopes, but if budget minded it might be worth taking a look.

I have owned/been issued many ACOGs (TA-01, 11, 31, 33, 50). The 33 and 50 are the lightest but I prefer the 11 out of all of them. In my experience it has the best eye relief and light transmission.

Another budget option might be to try a Vortex Spark with the screw on doubler. Certainly not ideal for some uses, but might suffice given the criteria.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

Just something to consider, while new ACOGs can run north of $900 into the $1200 range and some higher than that. You can find used one for in th e$700 range from time to time, and even at times as low as $600. Hell has a LGS have one for $450. Had been painted, and looked like the guy range his truck over it a few times, but the glass was clear and unmarred. Granted the $450 was more of an aberration than normal, but the point being you may not be all that far in the long run. With that said, PA dose get a lot of good words on their optics so it could be a viable option on the cheap. Lastly, if you do go with the PRO, sometimes 3x Aimpoint and Eotech magnifiers pop up in the $300 range, sometimes $250-275. If you are patient you might be able to grab one of them and get the best of both worlds as it were. I know I have missed out on a few magnifiers by only short periods of time in just the past couple months.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12