G&R Tactical
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Ask Us Anything: Faxon Firearms

Feedback Score
    I figured it was likely that you don't set their prices (not sure if there's even an MSRP on these), I just didn't know if there was some difference in what you sent one vs the other.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any news on an updated handguard for the ARAK?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Any news on an updated handguard for the ARAK?
    Projects have begun again for the ARAK, but I cannot disclose anything further until we are ready to release them.
    QUALITY. INNOVATION. SERVICE.

The Director at Faxon Firearms. Reach out anytime!Nathan@faxonfirearms.com

Manufacturing Strategic Solutions to Tactical Problems

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

7.62x39 barrel

as I understand it, Faxon barrels for AR-15 in 7.62x39, are .308 bore, versus .310 or .311. i only shoot the cheap russian steel case FMJ (e.g. Wolf, Tula), regular old AK ammo, because it's so cheap. is there any drawback or concerns to stuffing a .310" bullet down a .308" bore? pressure? it's just a couple of thousandths on a malleable copper & lead projective, it seems to run fine, 100yd (and beyond) range plinking, no issues, same-or-better accuracy as my other-brands of 7.62x39 barrels (not real scientific, i know). just wondering. thanks!
    Last edited by rpoL98; 08-13-17 at 11:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's how the first Ruger Mini-30's were made.... as I understood it. I never worked with one or measured it but that was what Ruger was saying at the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There is no problem running a .312 diameter bullet through a .308 bore.

A few years ago I read an article in which the author pulled the bullets from some Russian made 7.62x39 and measured them with a micrometer. The bullets were .308"
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-13-17 at 09:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That's being an American. Helping others because you want to, not because "Big Brother" forces you to
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    as I understand it, Faxon barrels for AR-15 in 7.62x39, are .308 bore, versus .310 or .311. i only shoot the cheap russian steel case FMJ (e.g. Wolf, Tula), regular old AK ammo, because it's so cheap. is there any drawback or concerns to stuffing a .310" bullet down a .308" bore? pressure? it's just a couple of thousandths on a malleable copper & lead projective, it seems to run fine, 100yd (and beyond) range plinking, no issues, same-or-better accuracy as my other-brands of 7.62x39 barrels (not real scientific, i know). just wondering. thanks!
    No, there is no issue with the larger bullet in the smaller bore, but we run a hybrid type rifling that can handle both.

They key for us is we wanted to allow reloaders to use more common .308 bullets rather than being stuck with the poor selection of .311s.

Feedback Score
    Nathan: thanks for the reply, much appreciated, and makes good sense. like i mentioned earlier, it shoots good, and if i hadn't read about the .308" bore on the other forum, i wouldn't have known any better. looking forward to your continued discussions on InRangeTV on Full30.

respectfully, thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoL98 View Post
    Nathan: thanks for the reply, much appreciated, and makes good sense. like i mentioned earlier, it shoots good, and if i hadn't read about the .308" bore on the other forum, i wouldn't have known any better. looking forward to your continued discussions on InRangeTV on Full30.

respectfully, thanks again.
    Our pleasure. We really enjoy those chats with Ian and Karl. They ask great questions and we get to help dispel some of the myths out there.

If you have any questions you want to see answered there, let me know!

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586