Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice on my SBR build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Looking for advice on my SBR build

I am in the process of building an SBR and I'd like to use a higher end lower...maybe even a billet lower and I'm looking for some advice.

I have been considering the following; Wilson Combat(billet), RangerProof (billet), possibly Seekins, Noveske, or??? I'd like to stay under 350 and I'm honestly not sure if the billet offerings are worth the extra coin. Any advice?

My upper is an LMT 10.3 with SF Muzzle brake, Larue 9" free flaot Rail, BCM Upper with LMT FA BCG (complete with BCM bolt upgrade).

I am also using a Geissele SD-E trigger, BCM grip, and still trying to decide on my stock but leaning towards VLTOR A5 System...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Billet is not worth the extra money to me. You really only end up with a cosmetically different lower. Forged lowers are stronger and cheaper. Unless you have your heart set on the appearance of a specific Billet lower, I'd buy a nice forged one.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Billet is not worth the extra money to me. You really only end up with a cosmetically different lower. Forged lowers are stronger and cheaper. Unless you have your heart set on the appearance of a specific Billet lower, I'd buy a nice forged one.
    Thanks for the advice...i was actually wondering if the billet was stronger but if it is not, than I'll take a forged lower any day! I'd much prefer strength and reliability over the "look".

But, I would like an extended magwell, any reccomendations for a forged lower with an extended magwell?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm in the middle of SBRing a Battle Arms lower and its been a pleasure. Something that you can do with a forged lower that you can't do with most billet lowers is get it engraved inside the trigger guard.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Pass on the billet and form 1 a Gen II Noveske or a forged Battle Arms lower.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GO_ALLOUT View Post
    Thanks for the advice...i was actually wondering if the billet was stronger but if it is not, than I'll take a forged lower any day! I'd much prefer strength and reliability over the "look".

But, I would like an extended magwell, any reccomendations for a forged lower with an extended magwell?
    Noveske Gen2. Good luck finding one, though. I'm lucky I got mine back when they were still manufacturing them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have the Gen II Noveskes, but honestly any forged will do - spend that money on a proper A5 setup instead. Since SBR'ing it sinks $200 unrecoverably into the value of it, maybe try a nicer one (BattleArms or AXTS come to mind), but as happy as I am with the billet lowers I own, I still actually use forged ones on high end rifles and the billet ones have been relegated to unused uppers.

If you can find a used chainsaw Gen II - they're amazing. The upper/lower fit is oddly tight, but that's the closest thing to a complaint I have across all three of mine - since you'd be SBR-ing it, the chainsaw status isn't much of a detraction from resale value anyway, so you should be able to find one of those in your budget if you're bent on getting a flare forged setup.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I also decided that a noveske genI just finished an SBR build with one, chainsaw was the best low were I could get, I haven't seen them available for awhile, mr silencer list them as in stock but when I tried to contact him I got no response

I

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I have the Gen II Noveskes, but honestly any forged will do - spend that money on a proper A5 setup instead. Since SBR'ing it sinks $200 unrecoverably into the value of it, maybe try a nicer one (BattleArms or AXTS come to mind), but as happy as I am with the billet lowers I own, I still actually use forged ones on high end rifles and the billet ones have been relegated to unused uppers.

If you can find a used chainsaw Gen II - they're amazing. The upper/lower fit is oddly tight, but that's the closest thing to a complaint I have across all three of mine - since you'd be SBR-ing it, the chainsaw status isn't much of a detraction from resale value anyway, so you should be able to find one of those in your budget if you're bent on getting a flare forged setup.
    So is the A5 setup really worth it for my SBR???

I have read a bit about it and just want to be sure it'd be right for my 10.3"

Any feedback/experience would be great...getting ready to pull the trigger!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Alright I'm sold on Noveske Gen 2 - chainsaw or non, anyone got one for sale???

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast