Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on a couple different Suppressors .

Feedback Score

Question on a couple different Suppressors .

OK after telling a co-working about my G.A. M4SDII and my Specwar 7.62, he has gotten really interested . But he doesn't what to just dive in, more like wade in first.

So he is looking at some of the less expensive cans. The couple he is looking at are the YHM Phatom M2 QD and a Hometown Arms Kestrel 5.56 (never heard of )

Any ways I don't know anything about these, so I told him I would ask.

Anybody know anything about these?? Total waste of money ??

He kind of likes the Kestrel because it can be taken apart and cleaned since he shoots a lot of Russian ammo. I told him that I wasn't sure if that is a good thing or not, since far as I know nobody else does it.( other then .22's)

Thanks for anything you can tell me.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Its been said before, and it will be said again, NFA stuff is not the place to sacrifice because of price, buy once, cry once. With that being said, I have no experience with the cans mentioned, I have a SpecWar 762 and I find it to be good quality at a great price point. If he is worried about price, tell him to get a quality 22 can. It is more fun in my opinion than any other can.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Huntertown arms not hometown arms. When I was researching what to buy in 22 all the info I could find was the HA suppressors were solid but customer service left something to be desired if you have any issues.

Agree with the above that a 22 can is the place to start. Several good ones for 250-300. The spectre II I just bought was 597 out the door all taxes included.
    Last edited by nova3930; 02-20-15 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Huntertown arms not hometown arms. .
    Had trouble remembering what he told me.

I understand what you guys are saying about the NFA stuff.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    I have the kestrel. He should get stainless one. It works great and is affordable. Customer service is not silencerco but it exists.

Feedback Score
    I also have innovative arms apex and Spectre 2 on order. My osprey 45 piston is stuck in my 1911 barrel and sucks. Get the best 22 can.

Feedback Score
    I talked to him about going with a 22 can first, but found out he doesn't even have anything to shoot .22.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I talked to him about going with a 22 can first, but found out he doesn't even have anything to shoot .22.

He can get a .22 can and host for what a good rifle can cost.... Plus it will actually be hearing safe.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    He can get a .22 can and host for what a good rifle can cost.... Plus it will actually be hearing safe.
    Very true

--- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Its been said before, and it will be said again, NFA stuff is not the place to sacrifice because of price, buy once, cry once. With that being said, I have no experience with the cans mentioned, I have a SpecWar 762 and I find it to be good quality at a great price point. If he is worried about price, tell him to get a quality 22 can. It is more fun in my opinion than any other can.
    Spot on, this is great advice.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast