Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on a couple different Suppressors .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerspyderon View Post
    I also have innovative arms apex and Spectre 2 on order. My osprey 45 piston is stuck in my 1911 barrel and sucks. Get the best 22 can.
    Have you called our customer service line yet? Can't say I've ever seen a piston stuck on a gun, but our CS team will get you taken care of if you reach out this week.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    im a huge fan of the m4Sd-II from Griffin. Of course, i got in on their initial group buy when they launched it a few years ago so i got what amounts to a complete steal price wise. Tough can, easy to mount. I love their brake mounts. They do a great job of precision machining on those mounts and they work great. Sound reduction on the M4SD-II is often not given enough credit on the interwebs but is at the top of the heap for 5.56 suppressors.

Feedback Score
    I called Silencerco and they recommended a cleaning rod to torque the piston off but the rod broke. I had to send the silencer and gun in to Silencerco. The lock cam must be repaired a second time. This is a bummer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question on a couple different Suppressors .

I respectfully disagree with the .22 cans as a first silencer. A .22 rifle is already quiet, and a suppressor on a pistol is unwieldy and can't be holstered (normally). A rifle can takes the very loud and damaging report of a rifle down to about that of a .22 rifle. And you'll use it everytime you shoot.

OP, there are plenty of opinions out there, but I will say that as far as value, the YHM cans are decent. They're a bit bigger and heavier than a lot of others, and the mount is a bit bulky and ugly in my eyes, but overall the mount is slick and won't get carbon welded on, even after lots of rounds. The titanium phantom is still reasonably priced and is very light. The AAC 51T cans are nice, and the SDN-6 is a .308 rated can that's about the same size as the YHM phantom, and is one of the most versatile cans i own. There are some trade offs when buying titanium, but overall most consumers/citizens will be served well by Ti.

Most professionals agree that there is virtually no need for a rifle suppressor to be taken apart. I've never cut one open after use, so I can't say first hand, but I'm happy with all of my rifle cans that I can't take apart.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 02-25-15 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Well I have him looking into some other cans now, stepping up a little bit. Getting him to understand these are lifetime investments. ( for the most part )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12