Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I need left handed m4?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Do I need left handed m4?

Finally looking at getting an m4 but i'm left handed and i'm not sure how much that will come into play. I'm looking at getting a Bushmaster O.R.C. M4. Are there any cons shooting left handed having the shell eject across my body instead of away from me? Or should I really look at only purchasing M4 made for left handed people???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i've heard no. if you train with it and it goes down you'll likely not have another lefty so you'll be like a fish out of water with a right handed rifle. thats what i've learned here though i'm a righty.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    You won't have to worry about ejection. A2 uppers have a case deflector. Being a lefty the biggest deal for me was the controls. It definitely requires a little more training to manipulate the controls efficiently. It can be done. I know Stag makes a lefty gun and it really doesn't cost more, but personally( I hate to beat a dead horse) I would rather do the extra training and get a right handed Noveske N4 or Colt 6920.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    what about A3 uppers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A2,A3,A4 uppers all have the deflector
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If i were to look for left hand who would make the best m4's? I heard Armalite is pretty good. How does Stag Arms, Bushmaster, Armalite compare?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The conventional AR arrangement in A2+ form is really a lot more southpaw-friendly than people tend to realize. With the single exception of the selector lever (which can either be changed, or viewed as a training issue), there is absolutely no reason why a standard M4 would not serve you well.

Chief
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    No problems running an AR lefty.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm a lefty (actually I'm cross-dominant, but I shoot left-handed) and I've had no problems shooting standard ARs. If I did I wouldn't own so many. I think the AR-15 is one of the most "lefty friendly" weapons there is. Ejection of brass is not a problem, unlike some other designs...

To me the left-handed AR is a solution in search of a problem. Yes, they work; but I don't like the idea of owning a weapon that has critical components (namely the bolt carrier group) that use non-standard and generally single-source parts. The only company I know of that makes a complete left-handed AR is Stag Arms. I think DPMS may, but I try not to pay attention to what DPMS is doing.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    You need a lefty and righty AR for when the zombies come attack.....

Have you considered a brass catcher?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast