Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BATFE! What kind of operation are you guys running? E-form/E-file is un-useable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BATFE! What kind of operation are you guys running? E-form/E-file is un-useable.

What a headache. I have had nothing but problems trying to submit a Form 1 over the last few days. When logging on to BATFE's system it recommends using Internet Explorer 8 or newer. I have a 2 week old computer with IE 11. It doesn't work with IE 11 so I used Google Chrome. I can usually get to the section for adding/uploading trust documents. About half the time it times out and says "Fetching data" and returns to the start page losing all previous data entered. Sometimes I can actually get to the end where it has the "Sign" and "Pay" button. It only allows me to click pay and when I do it sits there for 2-3 minutes before it times out, the fetching data message pops up and I am returned to the start page losing all previous entered information and uploaded documents in the process. I have repeated this process unsuccessfully so many times that I can complete almost the entire process and get to the "Pay" button at the end in 5-7 minutes. In addition to all that the website was just unavailable for most of the late evening on Friday night. The website is so difficult to use Im starting to wonder if it isn't that way on purpose. Complying with the law should not be this difficult.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Complying with the law should not be this difficult.
    You obviously don't understand the big picture.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You can save your form as you complete the different sections.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It isn't that difficult and I have had zero issues with the site. I actually find it remarkably user friendly and efficient given it is run by the Government.

Probably something with your browser / computer or they're having issues that will eventually get resolved. Things do actually break from time to time.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-22-15 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I experienced a few issues similar as the OP and it took a few attempts to complete my forms. As mentioned, save your work as you proceed through. I didn't have any luck with IE 11 either. I ended up using Chrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    It's not IE8 or newer. It's IE8. That's what I happen to have on my work laptop and have never had an issue. If you're using a newer version, you can go into compatibility mode and it works fine. I've also had zero issues using Safari. I've filed several from my iPhone (except for using laptop to upload docs).

The issues with paying are completely separate. Pay.gov is what is used, embedded into EForms, so you can have issue with EForms but not pay.gov or vice versa.

The whole thing is WAY better than it was in early 2014. I have very few problems with it at all...except that it's so simple I keep filing forms. Filed 3 last week, and already have 3 more in DRAFT status that will be submitted by the end of the week.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I used Firefox for three of them, and only had a minor issue with one of them. Being difficult is the sole purpose of the ATF's existence.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have used Chrome for two of them with no issues. If possible I recommend completing the forms during the day and not at night or on a weekend. The database gets completely reindexed on Wednesdays, so IMO the best day & time to complete the form is on a thursday during the day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry for the slight derail but does anyone know what they actually do on the Wednesday shutdowns or what the purpose is? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    BATFE! What kind of operation are you guys running?
    A monopoly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast