Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BATFE! What kind of operation are you guys running? E-form/E-file is un-useable.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I had issues with IE. Have to un install IE a few times to get to IE 8. Firefox and chrome have worked well.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Sorry for the slight derail but does anyone know what they actually do on the Wednesday shutdowns or what the purpose is? Just curious.
    Reboots and re-index of the database.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Reboots and re-index of the database.
    What does it mean to "re-index" the database? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    What does it mean to "re-index" the database? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
    A database is like a 3 dimensional excel file. Over time is get fragmented like your old windows XP hard disk used to get. You can take the database offline and run a script that checks all the tables, looks for any issues or corruption and will fix them. Depending on how well thought out and architected the database is the less this needs to happen and can be done in the background - think facebook and twitter vs obamacare and eforms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    A database is like a 3 dimensional excel file. Over time is get fragmented like your old windows XP hard disk used to get. You can take the database offline and run a script that checks all the tables, looks for any issues or corruption and will fix them. Depending on how well thought out and architected the database is the less this needs to happen and can be done in the background - think facebook and twitter vs obamacare and eforms
    Gotcha, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    The issues with paying are completely separate. Pay.gov is what is used, embedded into EForms, so you can have issue with EForms but not pay.gov or vice versa.
    This was the issue I had. It timed out when I submitted payment. I got a confirmation email for payment, but Eforms didn't recognize I had paid. I had to cancel that payment and resubmit. It worked fine the second time.

I used Google Chrome and didn't have any issues, except for this Pay.gov issue. As I said previously, save your progress so that if you are booted you can start back where you left off.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just tried it on a different computer and got booted waiting for the payment window to pop up again. I think I will just wait until tomorrow, maybe I will have better luck then.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try using firefox, that is the browser I used without any issues at all.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Forgive my ignorance... but looking at doing an NFA Item for the first time... is the E-File up and running now?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance... but looking at doing an NFA Item for the first time... is the E-File up and running now?
    I would say that it is working better now than it ever has. I recently submitted two forms perfectly, with no hiccups whatsoever. The third form would not allow me to sign and submit for a few days, but I finally figured it out on my own.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast