Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BATFE! What kind of operation are you guys running? E-form/E-file is un-useable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!

Maybe I could ask a couple more questions then, since you guys are on a roll.... If I were to do a Form 1 SBR with an existing lower I already have, I won't have to go through a Class 3/SOT Dealer correct? just have the Lower Engraved before I put a less-than-16" upper on her, once I've gotten the Tax Stamp back?

Also, once you have that Form 1 SBR Lower, can I then, say, have 3 different 10.5" uppers laying around, even though I have just that one SBR Lower... while still having 16" and 18" Rifles around in close proximity?
    Correct. There's no dealer involved when you file a Form 1.

Multiple uppers are fine with a registered lower.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Correct. There's no dealer involved when you file a Form 1.

Multiple uppers are fine with a registered lower.
    Sweet. So I can buy a carbine Milspec lower, have it shipped to my FFL, take it home after 4473, submit my Form 1 Trust via E-File and pay $200 Tax Stamp, and while waiting for it to get approved, send off lower to be Engraved (engraving a must?)... then once approved, order an SBR Upper, slap it together and I'm good to go? That simple? Out of order on events at all?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Sweet. So I can buy a carbine Milspec lower, have it shipped to my FFL, take it home after 4473, submit my Form 1 Trust via E-File and pay $200 Tax Stamp, and while waiting for it to get approved, send off lower to be Engraved (engraving a must?)... then once approved, order an SBR Upper, slap it together and I'm good to go? That simple? Out of order on events at all?
    All looks good to me.

Two notes:
    1. Remove the question mark from "engraving a must?"
    2. You could go ahead and file the F1 in EForms once you get the S/N when buy it...might save you a week or more, instead of waiting until you pick it up from FFL

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All looks good to me.

Two notes:
    1. Remove the question mark from "engraving a must?"
    2. You could go ahead and file the F1 in EForms once you get the S/N when buy it...might save you a week or more, instead of waiting until you pick it up from FFL
    Copy that, must engrave. Either side of Magwell is ok, I assume?

Would it be bad juju to have a 10.5/11.5" upper sitting here waiting for Form 1 approval?

Feedback Score
    Statutes states "conspicuously placed" on frame, receiver, barrel or pistol slide (if applicable). Most common locations are:
    1. Right side over trigger pins
    2. Right side of magwell
    3. Front if magwell
    4. Under trigger guard/around trigger hole

ATF Ruling 2013-3 spells it out fairly clearly.

The legal answer is don't have it around unless you have a legal configuration pistol lower or SBR lower. Not that anybidy would condone your behavior, but if you order it and don't post about it, who would know?
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 02-25-15 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Statutes states "conspicuously placed" on frame, receiver, barrel or pistol slide (if applicable). Most common locations are:
    1. Right side over trigger pins
    2. Right side of magwell
    3. Front if magwell
    4. Under trigger guard/around trigger hole

ATF Ruling 2013-3 spells it out fairly clearly.

The legal answer is don't have it around unless you have a legal configuration pistol lower or SBR lower. Not that anybidy would condone your behavior, but if you order it and don't post about it, who would know?
    Rodge-o. Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated, sir.

Feedback Score
    Try clicking the compatibility button on your IE. I had the same problem with my work computer (NMCI network) I figured out the compatibility thing trying to use another website. Once I did that it was back to normal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234