Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My go-to LMT/BCM/KAC 11.5 SBR build

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks. Appreciate the response.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Sure. I prefer minimal gap from rail to suppressor. Typical .7 inches gives almost all suppressors enough clearance. Say a noveske 13.7 and a Geissele smr 13 just clears. However a AAC brake with a m4-2000 needs a little more as the can spins on past the mounting collar. So 10.9 was born with a true 10 inch rail. Also, a DD 12 inch rail is actually 12.43 inches. So a 13.1 was made. Had enough clearance for the surefire can. Surefire works in the .65 difference range. So that was about as close as I could get it.

Other then that.. no real reason for the odd lengths.
    There are some that may not prefer the porting of Noveske barrels, but do like the results they can offer with a reduction in gas flow to cycle the system. As an example, when KAC offered the rifle length URX3.0, many liked the 13.5ish" Noveske stainless barrels made from a longer base barrel cut down for 50/50 suppressed guns. An A5H2 Colt rifle spring combined with a LMT enhanced carrier worked well without a can, and pretty well with most cans. A dedicated suppressed operation worked best with only the addition of a heavier buffer that depended on weight by what the base can was. It can be a pretty simple system with a simple dedicated port. A simple change in OD dimensions didn't seem to have any negatives, but many positives. It is no longer a possible option now, but did work well at the time.
    There are other uncommon barrel lengths that may suit end users well. They may work better in terms of function for their uses, and be the most appropriate for their own individual use.

Feedback Score
    Very nice stick.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456