Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My go-to LMT/BCM/KAC 11.5 SBR build

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Curious as to how you're liking the 7's over the 14? Are they Gen 3 or Gen 3+? Been thinking about calling TNVC one day here soon... window shoppin' their site is about to consume me lol!

I'm also really liking that Steiner... is that a Class 1 civilian legal or the Good Stuff?
    I like the PVS7's for out walking around. The 14s I have had limited use, but my head goes a little crazy looking one eye after a while. 20+ minutes. I wish I had both because of the weapon mounted capability of the 14s. I opted for the 7 because of the amount of scanning and walking on our property that I do. Eventually I'll get the 14s. But after my last 2 builds. I'm short on Fun money.

The CQBL-1 is a class 1 civi version. I do not need the power of a legit Peq15 or something alike. For the range I use, the CQBL-1 class 1 works great for me.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is an excellent build with a very useful performance envelope.

Can you talk a bit about your decision to go with a muzzle brake vs a FH?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    That is an excellent build with a very useful performance envelope.

Can you talk a bit about your decision to go with a muzzle brake vs a FH?
    I choose the MB's for many reasons. With being a 11.5, I do like the extra blast baffle if you will. I have eroded a few muzzle brakes on shorter SBRs down quite a bit and the baffle on even my suppressor for my 10.3" rifle still looks new after a ton of rounds. Cheap insurance for the can I guess you would say. Also, I like the way the rifle tracks and virtually no movement on target for follow up shots. I do not shoot suppressed all the time, and I notice the performance difference with the MB over the FH. If I want to, not blow away my shooting partners, or have less flash, the suppressor goes on, and problem solved. I guess if I didn't have a suppressor and was worried about muzzle flash, I would have gone with a FH. I also do not shoot indoors much. And defiantly not without the suppressor on. And just for another dumb reason that really has no merit at all, is the FH ping

On another note that pertains to your question is the new Surefire Warcomp. I will be seriously considering trying one when they are available. Only downfall with it, is I will lose my extra baffles before the can.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I like the PVS7's for out walking around. The 14s I have had limited use, but my head goes a little crazy looking one eye after a while. 20+ minutes. I wish I had both because of the weapon mounted capability of the 14s. I opted for the 7 because of the amount of scanning and walking on our property that I do. Eventually I'll get the 14s. But after my last 2 builds. I'm short on Fun money.

The CQBL-1 is a class 1 civi version. I do not need the power of a legit Peq15 or something alike. For the range I use, the CQBL-1 class 1 works great for me.
    Awesome. I need to try the 7s. I've only used the PVS14, with hardly enough time looking through it.

I hear ya on the Full Power being unnecessary, I was just curious.

So can you share how that DUAL Switch operates... does one of those buttons Fire both the Steiner and SureFire simultaneously?

Really liking your build JW... it's really got me contemplating doing something similiar.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Awesome. I need to try the 7s. I've only used the PVS14, with hardly enough time looking through it.

I hear ya on the Full Power being unnecessary, I was just curious.

So can you share how that DUAL Switch operates... does one of those buttons Fire both the Steiner and SureFire simultaneously?

Really liking your build JW... it's really got me contemplating doing something similiar.
    The front button towards the muzzle (for me) with the raised knob on the switch runs the light momentary only. The other switch button is momentary laser on single press. Double press runs constant on for the laser. Then you can just move your thumb up to the light button on the pad and hold that when you want the light on, while keeping the laser constant on. One more single tap of the laser bitton brings it back to off. Works well. You can also use the fire button on the laser itself for momentary or double tap it for constant on.

I appreciate the compliments.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 02-24-15 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Good looking rifle. I'm considering the Warcomp for my next SBR as well.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Awesome build, Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Awesome build, Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Update: I just put another 300 of MK262's through it this past weekend on a TX night hunting trip. The CQBL is differently a performer. Rifle got pretty much tossed around against the roll bars/metal brace bars and what not (polaris ranger with elevated bed bucket seats) and still held zero. Trying to hold on going through fields with not so smooth terrain 8 feet above the ground ontop of a ranger while trying to keep your rifle from getting smacked around isn't the easiest thing to do. But it held zero as expected. Just some accelerated cosmetic wear on the rifle is all. One thing I had to modify this past weekend was putting a rubber band around the surefire plug. Being knocked around, the plug would come just enough loose to make the surefire pad not fire the laser. I will most likely cut and solder the factory plug on if my rubber band does not hold up. Seems to work fine though. With the CQBL, I was able to clearly see the IR laser with the NVGs at 800 yards. This is a little out of any effictive range with this rifle/setup, but non the less, it was easily visible.

I was also able to try out a Vltor A5 system (first time ever) on a different SBR lower with my upper. It felt a little smother then the current H2 setup with suppressor. I'm debating trying one out on this rifle as it seems that the A5 system gets some great reviews. With the can off, it felt just about the same on both A5 setup and standard H2 car lowers.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-23-15 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm really happy to say that mine is so similar to that, just a bit stubbier (8" URX, reflex can) and a lot of gymnastics to avoid using a pressure switch, but that setup looks on point.

Mine got the A5 just because I was parting it together (negligible cost difference) and wanted to run an ACS stock - from that point the only remaining A5 negatives are negligible cost and weight, with all that upside.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'm really happy to say that mine is so similar to that, just a bit stubbier (8" URX, reflex can) and a lot of gymnastics to avoid using a pressure switch, but that setup looks on point.

Mine got the A5 just because I was parting it together (negligible cost difference) and wanted to run an ACS stock - from that point the only remaining A5 negatives are negligible cost and weight, with all that upside.
    I should be good to go with the SL stock and the A5, so I just ordered one up today. In the grand scheme of things, the 100 some bucks isn't much to the overall cost. I have some extra tungsten weights I can play with for the buffer weight to get to the A5H4 if needed. Ill be back out to the range this weekend with it and Ill see if it feels that much smoother. I debated ditching the pressure pad as its one thing that can go wrong when you need it to work, but Ill roll with my rubber band for the time being.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast