Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score

This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

http://www.all4shooters.com/en/home/...DEX-Abu-Dhabi/

I predict it will have the same rousing success found with their PX4 series and the "improvement" and update to the 92 series, that they were dumb enough to call the "90-two."

Feedback Score
    So it took them > 30 years to produce an answer to the Glock 17? This pistol looks like an answer to the HK VP9, Walther PPQ, S&W M&P, Springfield XDM, etc. I'm sure they will get some police and possibly military contracts out of it, if the price point is right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hardly groundbreaking and hideous looking IMO. At least they had enough sense to move toward a striker considering its 2015. That being said, I believe the company is capable of producing and bringing to market better designs, I guess I just have to question why we've yet to see any...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    So it took them > 30 years to produce an answer to the Glock 17? This pistol looks like an answer to the HK VP9, Walther PPQ, S&W M&P, Springfield XDM, etc. I'm sure they will get some police and possibly military contracts out of it, if the price point is right.
    To add, I still don't understand why no one has come up with a gun with the same (or very similar) exterior dimensions and capacity of the Glock 19. It seems everyone goes from sub-compact straight to fullsize without realizing one of the best selling handguns worldwide lies in between.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I'll stick to the 92 series and their shotguns. This does nothing for me that other platforms don't do already. With 92Gs back out this has even less interest to me.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    As someone who owns many G19s, I'd never buy one of these.

But I don't think it looks bad. I actually like it.

Still, it is interesting that they are like 20 years late to the party.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its not ugly as far as modern service pistol goes but it certainly doesn't have the lines Beretta is known for.
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I could give two S(*# about how a service handgun looks.

Hey, I hope this is the top-drawer handgun Beretta is capable of. My suspicion is that its ergonomics will be superior to the Glock (not hard) and in line with the PPQ and VP9. I will give it a look.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think it looks too bad. I'm curious how well they will make this.

I think they made a mistake in not sticking with the 92 mag.

Feedback Score
    I think the combo of price point and trigger will determine how accepted this new pistol becomes. Looks, capacity, and size seem to be standard fare.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast