Thread: This is just painful to look at: Beretta APX

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Nope, I still say it's hideous lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Nope, I still say it's hideous lol
    I think it might grow on you....in a good way, not like a fungus!

Feedback Score
    To me, it bears a passing resemblance to a certain Turkish pistol:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...A+9MM+BLK+18RD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    To me, it bears a passing resemblance to a certain Turkish pistol:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...A+9MM+BLK+18RD
    That's a P99 clone. The Walther used Mecgar mags, same as the Beretta (and sig) they are all the same shape, so identical grip angles. There is basically no other commonality besides them all being handguns

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Milled slides for reflexes should be an industry standard at this point. That being said, this looks very interesting.

Feedback Score
    I think it stands a very good chance of filling in the roles that the HK VP-9 and Walther PPQ do in the polymer world right now. Decent, very workable alternatives to those that just don't like Glocks or want something different.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    I think it stands a very good chance of filling in the roles that the HK VP-9 and Walther PPQ do in the polymer world right now. Decent, very workable alternatives to those that just don't like Glocks or want something different.
    I bet Beretta pushes it harder than HK is the VP9. And Walther is lost, they don't seem to know what they have, instead are trying to hype up the CCP which is... not great... They should be dumping every dollar into PPQ, but I don't think they are serious about anything.

Beretta has a serious chance of being as good of a non-glock as SIG, probably no where near M&P, but that's fine. If M&P comes out with a chassis gun for the MHS, well, it's over. But for now, the Beretta has my eye.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastwatcher42 View Post
    I personally don't mind the looks....I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Besides, who cares as long as it's accurate, durable, and reliable? I buy my firearms for their performance characteristics not their looks.
    A lot of people care, and Beretta should care because in this segment there are plenty of pistols that can play this role and don't look hideous in the process.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The fire arms industry is a strange one. We seem to resist change and at times frown upon innovation. They complain that companies don't innovate yet criticize them when they do for entering a crowded market place. A crowded market place is a good thing for the consumer.

This seems like a rather interesting pistol and it does seem like they did a lot of home work with it. While it may look striking I have to say that it has rather grown on me.

The tool to take it down looks to be just like their NANO. One of the better solutions on the market and light years ahead of the M&P which seems to do just fine. If you don't like it just pull the trigger like a Glock.

People also question the utility of the exchangeable grip modules around a serialized chassis. I think it is a brilliant idea that no one has truly realized. I could care less about going from a full size to a compact or caliber swapping but it would be nice to keep one factory grip and send one off to be stippled, or even experiment myself for 40usd or so per frame. People wanted m9 mag compatibility or glock mag compatibility. If the PPQ had a grip frame like the APX the M1; M2 mag debate would be an easy one and people can shift fire as they wished. With new grip frames this can be achieved(barring and problems with feed lip angles, mag width, etc.) Partner with crimson trace and create a truly integrated laser solution, or what every you could dream up. It is there for the taking right in front of the engineers yet it has not happened. This is where the genius will be for the consumer, not in selling conversion kits that are within 100usd of buying a second pistol.

But, and it is a rather large BUT, the segment is getting crowded. That is not to say there isn't room for the gun, just that beretta needs to get this right. And getting it right has rather little to do with the gun so long as it checks 3 boxes: reliable, accurate, and a half way decent trigger. If the gun does that then its failure cannot be placed upon the engineers. Rather, they need to market this gun effectively. I heard it said that beretta couldn't market free sex and for the most part I believe that statement to be true. They have long had the ingredients to make the 92 a much better pistol but seem resistant to fully realizing it. Frame mounted safeties and dovetailed front sights exist and some rather desirable pistols even have part numbers yet beretta refuses to market them in numbers. They don't need to engineer anything just make parts already made and put them together. This could revolutionize the entire 92 line with minimal work. Yet they don't. If they made the steel I and 92 stock regularly I would be in for 2 of each, but they don't. Hell at this point I would settle for a g compact or a dovetailed front sight on a compact. I know that both at the same is probably not possible with the technology available to our species. At least beretta makes it seem as if that is the case. They have all the ingredients and expertise in front of them to make a 5 star meal, yet they cooked up hot dogs.

Glock hasn't been the best striker fired gun on the market, IMO, in a few years, and may have never truely been the best gun out there. But Glock did a good job convincing people that it is. That is the important bit. Hell I own 4 and it is the only brand of firearm that I have not sold off. And I don't particularly like them. Glock marketed the shit out of their pistols. They put an armorer in damn near every authorized dealer, parts grow out of the ground and they made sure that they were in most LE holsters in the country. Beretta has the resources to do this as well, instead we get a rep that probably won't respond to emails or texts and whose only marketing pitch is that it is the only pistol authorized by the US armed Forces(who dismisses any claims that glocks, sigs, and colts are purchases in fairly large numbers for elite units making beretta seem like the choice of those without a choice). The strategy is getting tired, and Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis don't sell pistols for them anymore. Beretta needs to rethink their marketing, and should have done it 20 years ago. Get trained armors out there in numbers, give incentive for LE adoption(trade in, support), incentives for consumers. Get these guns out to the youtube celebs, training companies, etc. Sales incentives for sales men have been huge in moving firearms, when springfield was giving away free guns for every 11 a salesman sold it might as well have said Discount Springfield Mart out front. It was the first gun placed in peoples hands and xds outnumbered glocks 3 to one in sales. Most people don't spend hours on M4carbine.net and care very little about the gun they buy(let alone able to tell the difference between a glock trigger or a ppq trigger) so far as the sales man steers them that way.

Beretta has all the ingredients and expertise to make this a great gun. They just need the will. On top of that they need to let people know and give them reason to take notice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like it but I also own and love an xd. What do I know?!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast