Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My different take on a SPR rifle. BCM/Noveske/Geissele

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is an awesome build brother! If I was to critique one thing it would be ditching the SL stock for a BCM Gunfighter as magpul just seems out of place on this excellent build.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Sweet build, about the only thing I personally would change is go to a 45 Bad-Ass selector and an ambi CH as im a lefty. How are you liking the Bushnell so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    This is an awesome build brother! If I was to critique one thing it would be ditching the SL stock for a BCM Gunfighter as magpul just seems out of place on this excellent build.
    Many seem to like the Magpul SL over the BCM Gunfighter, having had both I feel the same.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 03-03-15 at 18:53.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    What's out of place about it? Magpul furniture seems well-made, at least on the examples I own.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    First off I appreciate the compliments from everyone.

Having owned both the magpul, and the BCM, I feel the magpul is a better stock for me. I now own 4 SL stocks and 0 of the BCMs. While I do love some BCM gear, the stock just doesn't do it for me. Especially the QD sockets!! Magpul stocks have been solid performers for years and years and I feel that they don't take away from even the most rugged and we'll built rifles. Just my opinion. If a magpul wasn't on there, it would have been one of my B5s. I would say in my opinion that if the BCM was on there, it takes away from the rifle.

I have played around with the 45 Ambi and I can't for the life of me get used to it. It's almost like when I go back to safe, the lever is not there with my trigger finger. While the 45 is simple to use with your thumb for both directions. All my rifles are set up with 90 ambis and going back to safe happens with my trigger finger. I'm sure I could get used to it over time, but switching all my rifles to that would be a hard cost to justify.

The Bushnell with the BTR-2 and in SFP is really nice. Glass is very clear as you can expect from the elite series. And at 1x is almost as fast as my aimpoints (T1s AND M4S'). I really didn't need anything with more powerful magnification for this rifle. I get constant hits 500 plus with this optic at the 6.5 power. Silhouette target mind you. I have only used the illuminated rectile a few times in low light shooting, but it does work well. I have not used the NV settings on the optic yet. I bought this same scope in FFP and it was absolutely horrible. I don't know how anyone can use a FFP on 1x power with any optic. It was pretty much useless, unless on 6.5x. And you lose all ranging capabilities as the rectile is so small and looks just like a red dot. On the FFP, the brightness is not bright enough to see the dot in the sunlight on 1x even on the brightest setting with a fresh battery. The SFP is where it's at. Plenty bright even in the sun. The rectile is big enough where you don't need it illuminated to see clearly. And to me feels like an eotech with the circle around the dot. FOV is nice and the eye relief is forgiving. You need to mount it pretty far forward in the mount and the last upper slot before the rail. I haven't banged it around yet, but I don't doubt it will hold up to some hard use. ADM mount return to zero was right on the money the 3 times I took it off, shot with irons, and returned the optic back to the rifle. I did not notice any shift.

I appreciate the comments good and bad.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-04-15 at 11:34.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Here was my initial grouping with the rifle. This was the rest of Mk262 mod 1 rounds in my mag with the last clean target up before I left the range. This was right under 100 yards. 90 something, as the shooting benches were moved up for cleaning/maintenance. Off of sand bags. It was somewhere in the 15 ish shot group. With the Socom mini attached. I thought the bottom round and the left most rounds went in sideways/kinda keyhole when first looking at it. But the hole was perfect, just the way the shoot-n-see target ripped. But its a great shooter!!

Attachment 32012
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-04-15 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very nice build. I really like everything you did. Grab an ATLAS bipod and rock on. I went with a 14.5 afghan noveske with g rail and AAC MINI4. I'm running an ACOG, but I think your bushy is a good choice.

Good luck on a fine build.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very nice build. I really like everything you did. Grab an ATLAS bipod and rock on. I went with a 14.5 afghan noveske with g rail and AAC MINI4. I'm running an ACOG, but I think your bushy is a good choice.

Good luck on a fine build.
    Thank you PB. Your set up sounds like a great one also. I'm Looking for an Atlas as we speak. Sounds like its the best choice at the moment. Headed down to TX in a few weeks and I'm hoping I can tally up some hogs with this thing.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That is so amusingly similar to my idea (and BuckJay's) of a stubby-can Recce type unit. With QD capability the ATLAS would be money on there, I'm consistently impressed with just how good the 6x at the top end is from supported prone.

And yeah - what's not to love about a double stamp carbine that's still under 16" effective bore length with the can included?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks good

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tell me, are you happy with the scope??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast