Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My different take on a SPR rifle. BCM/Noveske/Geissele

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by semajwt1 View Post
    Tell me, are you happy with the scope??
    Yes. Now that I have used the scope quiet a bit now. I have really no complaints. For what I use it for, the 6.5x is just fine. I'm not trying to be a bullseye shooter at 600 plus yards. Hits on silhouette targets are good enough in my book at that range. Took hogs at 200+ like it was no ones business with Mk262s. Easy, effective, and plenty of view. I wouldn't trade it on this rifle for anything. Unless I was given the new 1-8.5X, I would have no reason whatsoever to change or get more scope on this 13.7 barreled rifle. Some guys like more magnification, but I really wanted to keep the 1x on this rifle for closer targets. Its very fast like I had mentioned in previous post. Very clear glass and it just plain works. If your looking into this optic, I would strongly suggest staying away from the FFP, and only consider the SFP in this specific optic and magnification.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Dude! Nice build! This looks like a candidate for the "one rifle" competition. I'm planning something similar, just with a 12" barrel. Like a mini recce.

This is hands down the most well thought out build I've seen in ages.
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Dude! Nice build! This looks like a candidate for the "one rifle" competition. I'm planning something similar, just with a 12" barrel. Like a mini recce.

This is hands down the most well thought out build I've seen in ages.
    Thanks. I appreciate it. If I could do it all over, I would defiantly do it again and not sure if I would change anything.

Feedback Score
    Pretty sweet. Will it run without the can attached? I've never seen a mid length barrel under 14.5'' before.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTheHobbit View Post
    Pretty sweet. Will it run without the can attached? I've never seen a mid length barrel under 14.5'' before.
    Runs well without the can. 13.7 feels a little softer then the 14.5 BCM middies. I would even like a smaller gas port then the one on this 13.7 if I could have it. I also have a 13.2 inch ((roughly) was chopped down) mid length DD barrel that also runs really well unsuppressed and suppressed. Some guys run 12.5 middies but that's a little short for me on the mid length gas system without a can. Compare it to a 10.3 carbine barrel. Still works. Very little dwell time. A 13.7 middy is to roughly a 12.5 carbine barrel. Properly sized gas ports are one of the keys to any rifle.

Feedback Score
    Have you thought about an adjustable gas block? That should accomplish the same thing as having a smaller gas port.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, forgot to ask, what kinds of ammo have you run through it? I'd be curious to see if there's a difference between lightweight varmint .223 loads and some of the hotter NATO loadings.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Have you thought about an adjustable gas block? That should accomplish the same thing as having a smaller gas port.
    I have a few SLR gas blocks on SBRs. I prefer cut down barrels that started with properly sized ports to start. I prefered the taper pin gas block that came with the barrel.

Sorry, forgot to ask, what kinds of ammo have you run through it? I'd be curious to see if there's a difference between lightweight varmint .223 loads and some of the hotter NATO loadings.
    I shoot mainly Mk262s and Hornadys through it. Can't comment on the 223s

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mission Accomplished! Nice job on the build.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123