Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MASP Industries - Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The sight issues I would definitely bring up. As far as the receiver alignment & dings, those would be a nonissue for me. The Spikes skull would bug the crap out of me though but I'm not a fan of Spikes.

"Magpul MOE Non Window 30rd Magazine Black$27.55"

Did you really pay $27.55 for a Pmag?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input - the receiver alignment and dings annoy me, but wouldn't make me return the rifle. The issues like the sights being off are of greater concern to me.

also, I paid 27.55 for 3 pmags

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    "Magpul MOE Non Window 30rd Magazine Black$27.55"

Did you really pay $27.55 for a Pmag?
    I believe he said he received 3 mags.

Maybe he got a good deal on the mags, at least.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I see the three mags now. I must've glanced over that.
    I don't think there's actually an alignment issue with the relievers. It just looks more like a difference in forgings. I've got some upper/lowers that look similar & those are BCM & Colts.
    Check the front rail to see if it's aligned properly. Someone said it was canted but I couldn't tell in the pics on my phone.
    As was mentioned, when Colts are so cheap, there's no need to spend more money on a lesser rifle. $1300 can buy a pretty decent AR but that one isn't it. Not trying to make you feel bad & it's water over the dam. Lesson learned. Enjoy your AR.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Look, its nice that you're not backpedaling like a mf'er but at the end of the day you're going to find that you've dumped some money into a fully setup rifle which, unless its your safe queen, isn't going to hold up to any standard of quality in the real world.

You need to take a look at what you really need in a rifle.
    What kind of experience shooting do you have?
    You bought a RDS and magnifier... Have you already established a good base of experience using the irons on the AR platform?

Ask yourself some things about practicality and application. You mentioned you have the option of returning the rifle? If you can - do it! I'm just a guy on the internet but from my experience teaching new or moderately experienced shooters, you'll end up in a much, much better place in skill and knowledge if you start with a basic rifle (bcm/dd) and just shoot the crap out of it.

You can't really know what you need until you've gone without.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeticusfinch View Post
    Thanks for the input - the receiver alignment and dings annoy me, but wouldn't make me return the rifle. The issues like the sights being off are of greater concern to me.

also, I paid 27.55 for 3 pmags

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Good advice if you can return it.

=Leuthas;2102450]Look, its nice that you're not backpedaling like a mf'er but at the end of the day you're going to find that you've dumped some money into a fully setup rifle which, unless its your safe queen, isn't going to hold up to any standard of quality in the real world.

You need to take a look at what you really need in a rifle.
    What kind of experience shooting do you have?
    You bought a RDS and magnifier... Have you already established a good base of experience using the irons on the AR platform?

Ask yourself some things about practicality and application. You mentioned you have the option of returning the rifle? If you can - do it! I'm just a guy on the internet but from my experience teaching new or moderately experienced shooters, you'll end up in a much, much better place in skill and knowledge if you start with a basic rifle (bcm/dd) and just shoot the crap out of it.

You can't really know what you need until you've gone without.[/QUOTE]

Feedback Score
    I agree with the others that you should have listened and purchased a different rifle. Having said that, I don't think there's anything really wrong with yours. My first rifle was a BCM (upper and lower purchased separately) and the upper and lower don't match either. I also had to adjust the rear sight very far to the left to get it to zero, though I've since cut off the FSB. Plus I've read plenty of threads where people were advised that that's normal, and the sight allows for the adjustment for that very reason. You might as well ask them to check it out if you're unhappy, but I don't think your rifle is as messed up as this thread makes it sound.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Some amount of adjustment is normal. Not excessive adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I agree with the others that you should have listened and purchased a different rifle. Having said that, I don't think there's anything really wrong with yours. My first rifle was a BCM (upper and lower purchased separately) and the upper and lower don't match either. I also had to adjust the rear sight very far to the left to get it to zero, though I've since cut off the FSB. Plus I've read plenty of threads where people were advised that that's normal, and the sight allows for the adjustment for that very reason. You might as well ask them to check it out if you're unhappy, but I don't think your rifle is as messed up as this thread makes it sound.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    How's it shoot? If you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234