Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is the better barrel for a dedicated suppressed build? + BCM barrel question

Feedback Score
    I just submitted my paperwork for my first SBR and plan to get a suppressor later this year. My current plan is to buy one of the 14.5" socom uppers from bcm and send it to adco and have it cut to 10.5 or 11.5 , not sure what does for your weight requirement but it should be a nice suppressor host.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Good to know on the 762-RC and minimal shift. I don't want the can under the rail for a variety of reasons, not least of all is I don't like large 1.5+ ID tubes, just don't like the feel.

Gemtech is still in the running, but honestly I'm hoping the SIG turns out to be the winner, great price, and should be a great performer for a dedicated can (expect it to be like AAC where suppression is good at the expense of blowback, thus the dedicated gas system). The havester is an aluminum tube, and long. I'm no door kicker, but I also don't want to ever have to think about durability. Esp with the can being semi-perm... My 556-RC looks like crap because it lives on the gun, I don't want to ever even have it cross my mind.

I'm thinking if for no other reason than Goverment profile is kinda dumb, that the BCM ELW should be fine.... Of course BCM can't be bothered to make the product can take my money (of course), so I guess I'll wait.
    silencerco omega is very short, direct thread and titanium tube. the comp/end cap is swap-able.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Ok, you all pretty much sold me on it. Anyone with an 11.5" BCM (LW, ELW, or not) getting 1MOA out of them? I'll be bummed if I replace my barrel and then it's a crap shoot at distance.
    If you are on BookFace, check out Kyle Defoor's page. He runs a suppressed(Gemtech) BCM 11.5 Short Recce and has been getting solid groups out to around 4-500 with it. I am not sure of the exact accuracy potential, but he is happy with it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...5adefe2f8550bb
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Defoor.... Yea, I gotta meet up with him for a class sometime. There been quite a few things I've found he does that I like, a few drills he came up with that some PMCS friends showed me, they use them for their quals, etc. I should have at least met him at SHOT.

I'll check that out on facebook for sure, sounds ideal really.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Anyone try one of these combos? They also sell 12.5 mid and 16 rifle if you want to get crazy...

http://micromoa.com/11-5-carbine-5-5...rrel-w-govnah/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Anyone try one of these combos? They also sell 12.5 mid and 16 rifle if you want to get crazy...

http://micromoa.com/11-5-carbine-5-5...rrel-w-govnah/
    Looks interesting. Seems more user friendly than other offerings I would think.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd like to know the difference in peak bolt velocity and cyclic rate between a 12.5" middy and 12.5" carbine. But as long as you can control the port there shouldn't be anything wrong with 12.5 mid. The barrels on MicroMoa's site look pretty good, I might have given one of those a try if I didn't land a BCM already, next time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123