Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bravo Concealment Vs Raven Concealment Vs ?? for Glock 17 Gen 4

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

Bravo Concealment Vs Raven Concealment Vs ?? for Glock 17 Gen 4

Hey guys. Finally broke down and got myself another handgun. Looking to fix it up nice - Trijicon Sights, Surefire light, and maybe some upgraded pieces such as a mag release, etc.

Here's where I'm not sure what to get: a holster. I'm looking for a good Kydex that can be worn both IWB and OWB. I've seen guys running Bravo Concealment, some running Raven, and some running others. Bravo seems to have the best pricing from what I've seen, but is there anything to be known about any of these brands - pros/cons?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am a Raven fanboy. Both have amazing fit and finish, but my Ravens seem to carry better overall. I had an issue with my bravo holster for my Shield, it was very top-heavy to carry with no way to remedy it. I carry a Glock 19 in an RCS phantom every day and it has served me very well. If you plan on carrying a light sometimes, but not all the time, look at Griffin concealment. Their light bearing holsters can be used with or without a light. food for thought.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have had a good experience with Bravo holsters for guns with lights, but I also use Raven mag pouches. I personally have been very satisfied with Bravo, but i'm sure the Raven works just as well. The retention of the Bravo is more linear I guess you could call it. It has a constant tension as you bring the gun out, it's not like others I've tried where it sort of snaps into place at the bottom of the holster, and it needs to pop out of the retention to get the gun out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Raven holster for my G17/TLR-1HL. The fit was loose, but it was nothing I wasn't able to fix with 10 minutes and a hair drier. It's all-in-all a really nice holster.
    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went through the same exact dilemma about a year ago. G17 Gen 4 with TLR1-HL. Ended up keeping the Raven and selling the Bravo. Nothing at all wrong with the Bravo but the Raven had better positive retention in my mind. I still use a Bravo DOS for appendix carry. Both make excellent kydex.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've had two Ravens and had use a heat gun to loosen up both of 'em. Minor annoyance, but they work great after that.

I never tried carrying one IWB. A huge sheet hard plastic is just not something I want to stick in my pants...

Feedback Score
    Check out C&G Holsters, Ive had great experiences with them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Raven holsters FTW. I use the tuckable inside loops and off set wings for my 1911 and it has zero issues with shifting or creating pressure points when I sit. Conceals the gun very well, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Okay Raven guys - for OWB carry - should I get regular belt loops, or pancake wings? I vary between a 1.75" VTAC gun belt and a normal leather belt for everyday dress.

Also, full body shield or short?

Feedback Score
    there are so many options out there. Fury is my go-to. Quality, price, and lead time are excellent. They're definitely worth a look if you are undecided. http://www.furyholsters.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast