Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bravo Concealment Vs Raven Concealment Vs ?? for Glock 17 Gen 4

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Just an update:
    I went with the Bravo because the RTT was slightly more compact than their regular holster and the Raven Phantom. Also, Bravo was the first to email me back with a discount for .mil personnel. Sent them an email Sunday around noon, received a reply and a discount code for 10 percent off before I went to bed. All in all, I got the RTT light bearing holster for 77 bucks, shipped. Hopefully they won't take long to make and send it to me. I already have my Surefire X300U on the way.

I'm eager to test it out. Expect a first impression/ review when I receive it.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    I have a Raven for my 17/x300 and Bravo for my 1911 with X300U. The Raven is a little bit more curved whereas the Bravo is straight. Sample size of one but its makes all the difference for carrying comfort.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at Garrett also.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have a DSG Alpha for my M&P9L & TLR-1 light. Very comfortable. for the 5" & WML gun

Attachment 32276Attachment 32277Attachment 32278
    Last edited by RWH24; 03-20-15 at 22:42. Reason: Add Photo
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Raven all the way.

Feedback Score
    I have a Raven Concealment for a g19 with a x300u. I like the holster, however the retention is based off the light. There's a dimple that locks into a slight hole in the x300u. The dimple seems to have been worn down a little bit and the retention doesn't seem as tight when I bought the holster a year ago. Granted I draw out of the holster practically everyday for dry practice and range work. The finish and attention to the edges are awesome. However I stopped carrying IWB as it's slightly large but it hides well with the offset tuckable wings and distributes weight well. I carry it OWB when it's cold under a jacket with the pancake wings and highly suggest them. I've moved on to the ICOG Eclipse for IWB with no light however.
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    I have a Raven Concealment for a g19 with a x300u. I like the holster, however the retention is based off the light. There's a dimple that locks into a slight hole in the x300u. The dimple seems to have been worn down a little bit and the retention doesn't seem as tight when I bought the holster a year ago. Granted I draw out of the holster practically everyday for dry practice and range work. The finish and attention to the edges are awesome. However I stopped carrying IWB as it's slightly large but it hides well with the offset tuckable wings and distributes weight well. I carry it OWB when it's cold under a jacket with the pancake wings and highly suggest them. I've moved on to the ICOG Eclipse for IWB with no light however.
    That will occur with all kydex eventually. One year sounds a bit short but I have no experience with raven.

If it's something you're comfortable doing, take a blow dryer to the area you're describing that provides the main retention. use a pen, pencil, similar tool, to push in the dimple. Make sure the firearm is in there, and be sure to only heat that one small section. Tape it off or cover it with a towel to avoid heating anywhere else. Be aware too much heat can cause the kydex to "melt" essentially, and applying heat on different areas will cause your firearm to no longer fit snugly.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Raven gives a 10% Mil discount as well and the directions for it are right on the website. I've been a customer of theirs for a few years now and have always been happy with their product. As other have stated they really haven't evolved much over the past couple years and the rest of the industry has caught up.

Let us know what you think of the RTT once you get it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234