Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Federal .223 62gr Trophy Bonded Tip Coming

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yep

This is perfect, the current regime banning M855 is just the beginning, I fear all copper rounds like GMX & TSX are next to be deemed "armor peircing" as they are all copper. Considering soft points have always caused some hesitation due to potential lead fouling this polymer tip totally negates that and it is advertised as a hunting round so the regime would have to get real creative to attempt to ban ammo like this. That round looks NASTY!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My only issue is the premium price the stuff carries to go with the name. I've shot a fair bit of it in 308 and it performs well but it will break your shooting budget in no time.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sorry if this is a dense question, but is the nickel skin prone to cause more wear, say, if someone fed the rifle a steady diet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dense question, but is the nickel skin prone to cause more wear, say, if someone fed the rifle a steady diet?
    I wonder what the point is in the first place. You can see it rubs off fro. The rifling.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Honestly I have no idea since almost no one does it. If its any indication, the USMC's "silver bullet" is nickel plated. And if they were thinking about making it standard issue its probably a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I wonder what the point is in the first place. You can see it rubs off fro. The rifling.
    Im curious if there would be an increase is MV since nickel has a lower friction coefficient than copper.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 03-06-15 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Honestly I have no idea since almost no one does it. If its any indication, the USMC's "silver bullet" is nickel plated. And if they were thinking about making it standard issue its probably a non-issue.

Im curious if there would be an increase is MV since nickel has a lower friction coefficient than copper.
    That would lower chamber pressures, which would decrease MV, unless different load data were used to make up for it, in which case barrel length and burn-rate become a huge factor.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Anyone test this stuff in .223 yet?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I can vouch for the .308 version of this design. It's my go to round for hunting. Excellent accuracy & very effective terminal performance. Glad is see it coming to .223 fun size version.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    I can vouch for the .308 version of this design. It's my go to round for hunting. Excellent accuracy & very effective terminal performance. Glad is see it coming to .223 fun size version.
    How is bore fouling? Have to remove it with abrasives, or do they make a nickel solvent?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    How is bore fouling? Have to remove it with abrasives, or do they make a nickel solvent?
    Standard care and solvents work fine, I this watched carefully as they were the most accurate factory load from my long range precision rifle which has a competition Bartlein barrel.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast