View Poll Results: Would you buy this rifle without an F-marked FSB?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 71.64%
  • No

19 28.36%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt AR-15 A4 Front Sight Base

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. I have read through the thread, and although there are a few people bitching about non-F marked FSB's, there are no [B]actual[B]accounts of the non-'F' marked rifles failing to zero.

For the record, my Colt A4 upper is 2/14 production, non-F marked FSB, and 'short' fsp. Zeros perfectly with both a Matech BUIS and a Colt carry handle.
    Last edited by Displaced Texan; 03-01-15 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Texan View Post
    Thanks for the link. I have read through the thread, and although there are a few people bitching about non-F marked FSB's, there are no [B]actual[B]accounts of the non-'F' marked rifles failing to zero.

For the record, my Colt A4 upper is 2/14 production, non-F marked FSB, and 'short' fsp. Zeros perfectly with both a Matech BUIS and a Colt carry handle.
    If it wasn't that thread it was another of the longer threads on the A4 on this forum. Guys rifle wouldn't zero, he sent it to Colt (think he requested for it to be replaced w/ a F-marked FSB) and Colt sent it back w/ a note saying that it would now zero (presumably they replaced the FSP).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    If it wasn't that thread it was another of the longer threads on the A4 on this forum. Guys rifle wouldn't zero, he sent it to Colt (think he requested for it to be replaced w/ a F-marked FSB) and Colt sent it back w/ a note saying that it would now zero (presumably they replaced the FSP).
    FWIW mine zero'd fine out of the factory and my 6720 did too.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    FWIW mine zero'd fine out of the factory and my 6720 did too.
    Thanks for the clarification. I never pegged you for a whacky purist

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Another interesting question would be if you could choose between a A4 rifle with an F-marked FSB and a rifle with a standard A2 FSB, which would you choose?

I imagine most people (who knew the difference) would choose the F-marked FSB. (But I was wrong in my poll prediction so I could certainly be wrong here also)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Another interesting question would be if you could choose between a A4 rifle with an F-marked FSB and a rifle with a standard A2 FSB, which would you choose?

I imagine most people (who knew the difference) would choose the F-marked FSB. (But I was wrong in my poll prediction so I could certainly be wrong here also)
    I guess F marked but if the same rifle was non-f marked for $1 less I'd get that instead. That's how much it's worth to me.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure glad the only reason some people won't buy it is for the sake of M16 authenticity. I would probably pass over an A2 FSB if I was trying to make a clone.

At least there's no arguments that it won't zero and that anything other than F is poor quality.
    Last edited by SilverCat; 03-02-15 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    I guess F marked but if the same rifle was non-f marked for $1 less I'd get that instead. That's how much it's worth to me.
    Cold blooded...

Feedback Score
    I'm curious if anyone has had success with a 50/200 yard zero with the non F marked version. I'm assuming everyone is referring to the "proper" zero of 25/300.

I should be receiving my Colt AR15A4 in the next week and will let everybody know what flavor I get.

Feedback Score
    I'm relatively new to the AR/M4. I had no idea how seriously some people take FSB's. Most of my guns are Colts because I like Colt; 1911's and wheel guns included.

This thread got me thinking...

Which of their current civilian rifles/carbines are closest to what's issued to the military? Second, since I have two, how close does the LE6920 come?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast