Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long from approval to stamp received from SS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How long from approval to stamp received from SS?

Was just wondering how long it's been taking from approval to stamp received for people that buy from Silencer Shop? I have an F4 with them that was approved on 2/17 and I'm losing my mind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sc63sallad View Post
    Was just wondering how long it's been taking from approval to stamp received for people that buy from Silencer Shop? I have an F4 with them that was approved on 2/17 and I'm losing my mind.
    Sometimes a couple days. Sometimes a couple weeks. Sometimes it never shows up, and after 30 days you can request a certified copy.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Sometimes the local FFL never contacts you even though it showed up a week after approval....
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I talked to them today. They don't have it yet. It's only been 8 days but I was just wondering if anyone who buys from them a lot has a general timeline. They do a ton of transfers so I know atf just sends em out by the bundle. Really getting antsy...it's my first form 4 transfer. Ready to jump in the truck and head down to Austin once I get the call. Seems like the wait for the stamp to arrive in the mail is even more painful than the wait for approval. I almost wish I never would have called them and gotten the approval notice.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Sometimes the local FFL never contacts you even though it showed up a week after approval....
    This is what happened to me, come to find out, mine had been sitting at my local FFL for a month. Needless to say I was pissed.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    The normal time frame from approval to actually receiving the stamp is typically just a little over 10 business days.
    So you should be hearing from them any day now.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In my experience it seems the larger shops take longer to get their stamps in from the ATF. Almost like the ATF batch ships a bunch of stamps and waits a couple days longer to send more stamps at once.

I could be totally wrong. Just basing my experience with having stamps approved on the same day and arriving a week later at a larger LGS then the mom-n-pop store across town.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Have you called them to check on it? More than likely, they have not received your stamp from the ATF yet, but they have always responded and been helpful anytime I have sent them an email with a question. My last stamp took 11 business days (16 total days) from approval to the notification emal from SilencerShop. Patience is a virtue, when dealing with NFA items.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    In my experience it seems the larger shops take longer to get their stamps in from the ATF. Almost like the ATF batch ships a bunch of stamps and waits a couple days longer to send more stamps at once.

I could be totally wrong. Just basing my experience with having stamps approved on the same day and arriving a week later at a larger LGS then the mom-n-pop store across town.

You are exactly right, this is what they told me when I talked to them and it does make perfect sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Have you called them to check on it? More than likely, they have not received your stamp from the ATF yet, but they have always responded and been helpful anytime I have sent them an email with a question. My last stamp took 11 business days (16 total days) from approval to the notification emal from SilencerShop. Patience is a virtue, when dealing with NFA items.
    Yes, I've called them, and kind of feel like an ass for doing so. They let me know that the atf waits until they have a large batch of forms and sends them. I've seen the instagram photos they post of huge stacks of form 4s. I just hoped that since they do so many transfers it wouldn't be long. I wouldn't be so antsy if I hadn't called the ATF on the 18th and been told it was approved the day before. Patience is a virtue I sometimes have trouble with...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast