Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 w RMR; Build my own or wait for Glock MOS version

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    I was looking into Suarez Tactical/One Source for their RMR milling service. Their price was very competitive when you factor in the cover plate and steel suppressor sights. Is that who did yours? Any issues with it?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Decide whether you want a gen 3 or gen 4 & have it milled and suppressor sights added for around $200. MOS is a less than ideal design since its made to fit a number of different optics and not specifically optimized for the RMR and co witnessed iron sights.

Here's mine.
    You make an excellent point...have the slide milled to precisely fit your sight vs. a one size fits most approach of the MOS system. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    Lol. Yes on this forum like I already said from personal experience the RMR failed. And if you had much experience with Trijicon they had red dots prior to the RMR... and yes its a real Trijicon. Also they used to buy theirs from Docter Optics out of Germany. Then they made their own. Like I said earlier as well you have to use modified sights with the RMR.. so didn't dispute that. Just provided an option for those that want to use a red dot on majority of guns with a picatinny rail.

How did Trijicon handle it?.. sent me a new red dot. Also for some more education check out JP's red dot they sold... same as the old Trijicon "Chinese " models... provided by Docter Optics... they use Leica glass by the way.

But your pic of your Glock does look sick
    I'm sorry. We're all friends here, I shouldn't have internet ninja'd you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    I'm sorry. We're all friends here, I shouldn't have internet ninja'd you! h34r:
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I was looking into Suarez Tactical/One Source for their RMR milling service. Their price was very competitive when you factor in the cover plate and steel suppressor sights. Is that who did yours? Any issues with it?
    I cannot comment on their milling service as I ordered the complete slide. My logic was that if it's going to cost ~$150-200 to mill a slide, thats 3/4 the way to a complete stainless slide already cut for an RMR. I've had some issues with the optic though, make sure you get the sealing plate and a square of electric tape directly under the battery to apply a little bit extra pressure.

Over all, I recommend their product.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm kinda stuck in the same boat. I can't decide on going the Suarez International rout or, sending my slide to be milled by igfs or Doug @ Dp custom works. I'm not a fan of the MOS, I think that's a waste of time if the gun is not for competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The one thing I would add is make sure that if you buy a slide or get one milled it has the two front posts for the RMR. This dramatically helps with zero when changing the battery.

Good video from Doug @ ATEi - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=862454167147729

Costa also did some great RMR videos on his youtube channel if you are interested from a research standpoint.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That's true but, most companies don't offer the "bosses" for the rmr. The only company I know of is ATEI and IGFS. IGFS's prices are a little high compared to their competitors as well.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The one thing I would add is make sure that if you buy a slide or get one milled it has the two front posts for the RMR. This dramatically helps with zero when changing the battery.

Good video from Doug @ ATEi - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=862454167147729

Costa also did some great RMR videos on his youtube channel if you are interested from a research standpoint.
    Your point about the battery is noted. I'm planning on acquiring the new DeltaPoint Pro which does not require removal to change the battery. I'm surprised Trijicon has not updated to include that feature.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I took the plung and am sending my slide to Mark at l&m this week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast