Thread: Grip and Buttstock help

Feedback Score

Grip and Buttstock help

i currently just got my ruger ar556 ive done some upgrading already. ive changed out the hand guards for the caa m4s1 love them and added the caa combat grip with pressure pad. ive also got a burris xts-135 for a scope running all magpul m3 magazines. now after putting about 100 rounds threw it ive found the buttstock has a ton of wiggle and dont like it and the grip just sucks. now im looking for some new stuff i have shorter arms and smaller hand being only 5'6". does anyone have any good recommendations that work well with this gun?

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Good place to start is either the new Magpul SL line, the new Daniel Defense line, or of course the new BCM Gunfighter line....all of those are the newest high quality sets out there and will be good choices in my opinion.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by krazykurt88 View Post
    ...does anyone have any good recommendations that work well with this gun?
    Yes, use the search function in the box in the upper right hand corner of each page on this site. All you want to know has been discussed NUMEROUS times.
    Now go use it so a MOD can lock this thread.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the Magpul CTR, I couldn't stand the looseness or the rattling either, especially since I hunt with mine.

For grips I really like Ergo grips, and Magpul.
    Last edited by MBtech; 03-01-15 at 09:29.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The new BCM Gunfighter stocks are light, and fit well. I have two and will sell my Magpul Moe stuff.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    The new Magpul SL stock is the best stock I've ever used. Locks up tight as a CTR, the sling socket is in the right place, it's heavy enough to help balance the rifle, but not lard ass heavy.

Two beefs with the BCM stock: sling socket is all wrong, just too light.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Had a BCM and an MOE SL. Kept the SL. It was like comparing a 1960's muscle car to a 2015 Charger. Both run similar 1/4 mile times, but one is soooo much more refined, the latter being like the MOE SL. Just a better stock.