Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Vortex or AAC Blackout?

Feedback Score

Smith Vortex or AAC Blackout?

thinking of getting a noveske recce, not sure which flash hider to get. any opinions on these two? saw some pix on here of them...they seem to work about the same.

thx.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My vortex sits on a shelf, my AAC FS are on weapons. Its not a decision I would lose sleep over, both will work better than most other FS on the market.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I love my aac on my n4 basic. Looks and functional are top notch. I hate saying this because I'm not that kind of guy but I'd just choose based on what you think looks better.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a picture of them side by side, or have information on how long each of these flash hiders are? I can't get a length estimate by looking.

-B

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AAC? I think that as far as flash hiders are concerned they have an excellent product...

Edited to remove off topic discussions about the AAC. Stick to the topic.

Staff
    Last edited by STAFF; 07-08-08 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of them side by side, or have information on how long each of these flash hiders are? I can't get a length estimate by looking.

-B

I'll take one the next time I'm shooting pictures if I remember.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The AAC flash hider is great, the actual length I can find out for you if stickman doesn’t get to it first. I will just have to remember to take some measurements.

Here is a good comparison image of the different flashes

picutre courtsey of AAC

Feedback Score
    I'm happy with my Blackout. I need to do some real "dark" low light shooting with it though.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 07-08-08 at 05:48.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Stay on topic.

Staff
    Last edited by STAFF; 07-08-08 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I still need to get some measurements of length for you, I only have access to the M4-200 blackout hider right now and then my own SPR/M4 to measure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast