Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith Vortex or AAC Blackout?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'll take one the next time I'm shooting pictures if I remember.
    It'd be much appreciated man. Actually, I think a comparison shot of the major ones (USGI, Blackout, Phantom, and Vortex) would help a lot of folks out who might see numbers but can't visualize the difference in lengths between one flash hider and another.

-B

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BAC,

If you think that is something people would have an interest in, I can do the same thing I did with various BUIS. Its not something I would have thought much about, but its not a big deal to write it up and shoot the pictures.

BUIS GUIDE
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    a comparison of the flash hiders would be great.

stickman, when will the rest of your Adams Arms piston review be up on your site? have a buddy who just bought one. wondering how they address carrier tilt. can't get a hold of anyone there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am unable to do a full review with pictures currently that would show them being fired at night, but I can get up a guide that shows what the different ones look like, and gives lengths.

The Adams Arms review is written, and is sitting back in the Staff section while a few points are clarified. I'm not the one writing it, so I can't give a exact time on its release.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    I think it'd be a great idea; whether my opinion mirrors that of the majority of those here and at weaponevolution I don't know, that might be better set up as a poll question. But I'll voice my interest in a review, if not for flash reduction ability (I understand not everyone has cameras to do that) then for size, weight, durability, "ring" (not sure how else to describe the tuning fork sound), ease of mounting suppressors, etc.

Actually, that might be worth a quick poll just to see how much interest there is in that kind of review.

-B

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm wondering what the OALs are on the Blackout and the Vortex
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have both and just measured them.

AAC Blackout = 2.5"
    Smith Vortex = 2.25"

Should be accurate within a millimeter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    But I'll voice my interest in a review, if not for flash reduction ability (I understand not everyone has cameras to do that) then for size, weight, durability, "ring" (not sure how else to describe the tuning fork sound), ease of mounting suppressors, etc.

-B

BAC,

I basic guide is up. An actual review based on use will be much more time consuming, but the guide should give some basic info, as well as any information that the manufacturer provides, as well as large pictures.

WEVO Flash Suppressor Guide Link

Stick

Feedback Score
    Stickman, you're all kinds of awesome. Thank you for that.

Looks like the AAC is a little bit shorter than the Vortex and a hair shorter than the Phantom (not sure why I find that interesting, but I do). I assume the measured length is from the very base? If not, is it measured from the first "ridge"? Mike's numbers are making me think so.

-B

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Stickman, you're all kinds of awesome. Thank you for that.

-B
    +1 Thanks
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast