Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New bolt catch from Forward Controls

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    ...I hate the tiny lower paddle of the standard bolt catch.
    Finally, as this has always been a minor gripe of mine as well. Looking forward to this being available!

Personally, I would like to see a very slight radius on the bottom edge of the lower paddle, but will most likely be in for one either way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd appreciate any feedback and criticism you guys have, we can't become better without it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    So is it MIM or machined?
    If you see tool marks it ain't MIM.

Cool looking product !

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm definitely interested... like many others here, I hate the tiny bottom portion of the standard mil-spec bolt catch/release. The POF version is nice... Sig makes their own version, too:

Something along those lines would be nice, but I'd buy your prototype as is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    In for a few as well. Looks good.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Although I can appreciate the quality and ingenuity, I feel as though this part is born out of want rather than necessity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It may not be for everyone. If you don't use an ambi mag catch that sticks out further than the bolt catch's bottom paddle, or don't use an ambi bolt catch at all, its angled and paddles with increased surface area are still an improvement as they are easier to access than factory bolt catch

Improvements in ergonomics often seem simple, minute and insignificant, I see such improvements in things we use every day and have come to appreciate th little touches that make life easier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oops

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I don't want my (partially) loaded magazine dropping to the ground if I have to clear a malfunction. What if it's the only magazine I have? Now I have to go looking for it and hope the rounds didn't pop out like a jack in the box or snap a feed lip.

Additionally, it is much easier to remove the magazine, grab the rifle underneath with the strong hand (right handed) using your middle finger to depress the bolt catch and then using the weak hand to pull the CH back.

How does one even reach the bolt catch easily with the mag in the way?

Edit: Just tried it - okay, so you have to use your strong hand to rack the CH to the rear and weak hand to press the bolt catch. No me gusta.

Well I don't want to detract from focus on Duffy's here to much. You pointed out the benefit to a right side bolt catch which allows you to use your strong hand on the grip holding the bolt catch/mag release down while you rack the CH with your support hand. If you don't want to let the mag drop free then don't. Remove it first grabbing it with your left hand while holding the mag release/bolt catch down with your trigger finger and then rack the charging handle to lock the bolt back.

Quote Originally Posted by Toecheese View Post
    Although I can appreciate the quality and ingenuity, I feel as though this part is born out of want rather than necessity.
    The enhanced bolt catch is nice for several reasons. The larger paddle allows lefties to release the bolt with their trigger finger more easily during a reload. The raised button also makes the bolt catch function more convient especially if coupled with a norgon left-side mag release that takes up the space your finger would normally go when aiming for the small nub.
    The FCD ABC/R may not be intended as a lightweight part but it is .1oz lighter than the .55oz Seekings enhanced bolt catch with similar enhancements.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 02-27-15 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With my bad device in mind, I'm not willing to give up the functionality of it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast