Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New bolt catch from Forward Controls

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    That...is a very good point.

Guess we can all tell who isn't running a lot of lefty drills on his rifles.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Dave, FCD in this case is Forward Controls Design, though I don't usually call it FCD, only Forward Controls
    Sorry about the FCD thing. I edited it out of the first post, but apparently I can't change the title of the thread.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No worries, it's referred to as FCD often

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Sorry about the FCD thing. I edited it out of the first post, but apparently I can't change the title of the thread.
    Click on "edit" on the first post and then click "go advanced' to edit the title
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Click on "edit" on the first post and then click "go advanced' to edit the title
    Thanks. I did that but I overlooked the line where you can edit the title.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm a fan. Keep up the good work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Looks great - can't wait to give it a try.

How would this work the the Redi-Bolt Catch sold by Boonie Packer? Would the slight outward angle of the top face of the ABC/R affect how it would interact with the Redi-Catch?

A Pic of the Redi-catch for reference:

I just happened upon this topic and can answer the question since I designed the Redi-Catch. It appears to me that the Forward Control catch is considerably taller in the prototype form. There should be no problem, as the actuator on my device is lower down on the paddle before the "slight outward angle of the top face" begins on Duffy's part. If the two different systems were used with each other, there should be no problems and it would enhance choice. If it were better under the situation to press on the lower part of the bolt catch rather than press the magazine catch to lock open the bolt, Duffy's design would really help.
    Dave

INNOVATION IS SELDOM ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT CONTROVERSY.
    My first rule of a gunfight, thanks to John Farnam's wise advice. "Get away from there!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing the info, Dave. It was the first time I saw the Redi-Bolt Catch, I like the idea and execution, I will need to buy one and play with it

Of the ABC/R's top paddle, the upper 50% is angled at 10 degree, the lower portion is angled at 5 degree, which is very slight. I'd venture to say the Redi0Bolt Catch may work with it without modification.

The ABC/R, save for the paddles, lightening cuts, and the notch immediately above the bottom paddle, tightly follows factory specs. The upper paddle is slightly shorter than factory top paddle, but the serrations are extended well below the paddle, terminating at the top of the notch, overall length of the ABC/R is 0.03 longer.

Please ignore the imperfections on the prototype, production units will not show these blemishes. Two in the white, sharp edged and uncoated prototypes were rushed to me overnight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ABC/R at rest, and engaged (empty magazine, bolt carrier locked back). The crescent shaped groove on the upper was made by the factory bolt catch, not by the ABC/R. The ABC/R's upper paddle is angled at 10 degree (upper 50% of the top paddle) and 5 degree (lower 50% of the top paddle)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just threw my wallet at my screen.

Do you have an estimate MSRP yet?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast