Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig M400 rebuild. . opinions pls?

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    And thanks alot for the info on the firing pin. I was just thinking about having a pin thatwas stronger. Anyway, thanks again!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelana View Post
    Oh wow, im switching it back lol. I figured "titanium = stronger" . That THING, lol, on the bolt catch.. is a brownells version of a battery assist lever like magpuls BAD lever. However, it wouldn't work with the ambi mag release on the lower, so i cut it in half, and put it on upside down i like to slap the button instead of pressing it and it gives me alot more of a target when i slap the bolt catch and reduces the chance of missing it if i happen to cup my hand at all..., its ugly as hell but works for me
    And thanks alot for the info on the firing pin. I was just thinking about having a pin thatwas stronger. Anyway, thanks again!
    Ahhhhh gotcha! I couldnt figure out for the life of me what it was lol. Yeah, I can relate to that problem though. Once or twice I have went to slap my catch and did not send the bolt home.

And np on the firing pin link. You could always probably sell it off for some ammo $$. Looks like a nice build with good parts. Hope you enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    Thanks! And yea, i just put it on armslist

Feedback Score
    I'm curious as to why you replaced a 1:7, carbine gas, FSB barrel with another 1:7, carbine gas, FSB barrel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    The original sig barrel didnt have a F stamped fsb and sig doesn't list the barrel steel or whether or not its mp/hp. And ive seen so many conflicting reports on their barrels. Ive seen 4140, 41v50, button rifled, CHF ect, same with the bolt... Plus i wanted a hammer forged barrel. I just like to know exactly what i have. I guess im picky?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The original sig barrel didnt have a F stamped fsb and sig doesn't list the barrel steel or whether or not its mp/hp. And ive seen so many conflicting reports on their barrels. Ive seen 4140, 41v50, button rifled, CHF ect, same with the bolt... Plus i wanted a hammer forged barrel. I just like to know exactly what i have. I guess im picky?
    I think he was referring to why didn't you get a mid length gas system barrel?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    Oh. That was a no brainer. I got that FN barrel for $50. It was "lightly used", said the store clerk here at ocala armory, but its hammer forged and double CL. Im aware of the benifits of a mid gas system but thiis was only $50.

Feedback Score

Sig M400 rebuild. . opinions pls?

Almost the same setup as my m400 except I went with the Charlie and ACS-L stock. My A2 front post is F stamped so that is odd that yours wasn't. If you want a battery assist lever that will work correctly on the rifle, check out tactical link's version. Placing the light at the 6 o'clock position would be preferable for me. What is the weight of the rifle. With the pro and a light, mine is coming in at 8lbs 8oz without a mag.
    Last edited by J4ggy; 02-27-15 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    The handguard on mine is the charlie rail. The charlie is quad and the delta i think is tubular with a small rail section on the bottom below the FSP (i think). And when sig first released the m400 it was a little different than the new ones, no f stamp fsp, commercial receiver ext. tube, and a few other small things. So you probably have a newer one. I actually dont have a scale to weigh it, but it feels quite a bit heavier than my 6920. If i had to guess...with no mag, probably 8.5-9.5 pounds. Which doesnt bother me at all. Some folks complain about a heavier AR (10LBS) for various reasons, which is understandable. But idk, for me its fine. I use a 5.11 plate carrier LBE with ar500 plates, (4) double mag pouches (holds 8 AR mags), a few other molle pouches for pistol mags etc. and a blackhawk backpack and i have no problem with a 9-10 lb rifle. But thats just me. Thanks for the battery assist advice. Im going to check it out for sure. What i REALLY want is a Geissele SSA-E fire control group. Just so expensive. Do you ever find yourself using the milled in QD sling mounts on the lower? Only thing that bothers me is when i havebthe MS4 sling configured to single point and plugged into the QD mounts sometimes i have a little trouble flipping the safety, kinda annoying. Also, does your barrel like lighter loads? (55gr and lower) The one that was on mine HATED light loads... freakin 3-4 inch groups at 50. With heavier bullets the groups got better...but not nearly as good as the FN barrel. Im rambling haha sorry. I like to talk guns but none of my friends are as enthusiastic as i am... so you have to deal with me haha...im so glad m4carbine.net exists

Feedback Score
    The stock trigger works well for me. I've been tempted in the past but I'm still working on techniques to improve my shooting skills. If I ever get to the point where the trigger is a limitation, I'll replace it then. I haven't had any issues with a single point interfering with the safety. As far as accuracy goes with the stock barrel, it's been accurate with loads that are 55-62 grains. I would take 3-4 inch groups at 50 yards, using an PRO, as acceptable if standing. If that's using a rest, maybe not. It's not a magnified optic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast