Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig M400 rebuild. . opinions pls?

Feedback Score
    -3 (29%)
    Sorry, i made a typo, - 4-5 inch groups at 50, with a 3x's magnifier, prone. usualy with m193 or similar. Anything 62gr and above and they got tighter. Every barrel is a little different though. I am however, in love with the FN barrel- .75-1.25 moa at 100 consistant. But thats with 75-77 grain, quality ammo. And on "good days" for me. Sometimes i suck no matter what. Im just happy to know what this rebuilt sig can do. And of course, ill keep trying to improve my skills. Ive bbeen shooting since 1999 and i still need lots of improvement.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a solid all purpose rifle brother

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry, I know that this thread is a few days old, but I had to say it... What makes your rifle a Sig anymore? According to your post, apparently all that's left are the stripped upper and lower receivers, receiver extension, and LPK minus trigger. It's like buying a 6920 lower and slapping your own parts on it and calling it a Colt.

Anyway, I'll admit that a Sig M400 E was my first AR (Black Friday special years ago - $830 out the door) and all I've done to it is change out the birdcage for an old A2 3-prong, add a Meprolight tritium front post, Magpul MBUS 2 rear, Magpul black poly trigger guard, a G2S trigger, a Wolff SP buffer spring, and an extended recoil-pad. I've put so many rounds through it that I've lost count as it's become my go-to plinker and it's run like a raped-ape since day one.

With all the money spent on your upgrades, I would have just kept the M400 stock and built a fresh one. I don't get it.

I mean, minus the Aimpoint and light, I'm looking at $1000 worth of upgrades to a ~$900 rifle. I slapped an AAC 5.56 upper onto a Mega forged lower, stuck a SD-3G, V7 short throw safety, Aimpoint T2 on an ADM QR mount, Troy BUIS, BCM Mod 4 CH, Magpul SL stock and MOE K2+, Mepro tritium front post, QD endplate, V7 mag catch, H Buffer, Wolff buffer spring, Colt LPK, Hogue G-10 trigger guard, and Surefire ladder covers on it and it cost me ~$2000.
    Last edited by Shao; 04-08-15 at 06:25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123