Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speer 75gr Gold Dot .223 ? who else has seen this ?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yep, gold dots seem to expand almost too well. On the plus side they expand pretty much instantly and they have a pretty low expansion velocity floor, someone stated they were getting expansion at 400 yards on game with the 75gr GD. The low velocity is only a problem if you are trying to match it with a specific BDC, other than that its pretty much in line with other .223 pressured 75gr factory loads.
    Agreed.

I keep coming back to the 75gr pill in a true NATO pressure load for SBRs. It's big enough that it could lose some mass due to over expansion and still punch deep enough.

In fact, the only other round I've seen open up as fast is the FBI spec TBBC 62gr 556 load. The 64 grain opens as well at 150 yards as most other projectiles hoped they could at 5 yards, lol.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This load shoots so well out of my 16" mid length and has received such good reviews on terminal performance that I have settled on it as my go-to load. It also shoots well out of my 11.5" BCM pistol (certainly more pleasant to shoot than XM193 out of the short barrel).
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is our issued duty round for our "Special Purpouse Rifle" program. This very new program allows officers, with plenty of training and time behind the gun, to carry 16-18" rifles topped with LPV scopes. In the initial certification class we have to shoot out to 200 yards to qualify. Not likely for civilian law enforcement to have to engage a threat out to 200 yds, but it is done to show guys what the rifle and LPV are capable of. I have shot around 1000 rounds of the 75 gr Gold Dot ammo. I can tell you it is damn accurate. I've shot several, not just one or two, 5 shot groups of sub moa. The ammo really offers close to match level accuracy, combined with the awesome Gold Dot barrier blind performance.

The program is far too new to have any real world performance results. We have only done one class, and that was just Firearms Training staff and 3 SWAT Snipers. It was a "bets test" class to finalize and fine tune everything.
    I can definitely say that our normal duty ammo, the 55gr GD has performed very well in real world applications.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 03-12-17 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    Do they sell just the bullets, or can you only buy the 75gr gold dot as loaded ammo?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Speer 75gr Gold Dot .223 ? who else has seen this ?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer...rds-24475.html

Hit the notify me to see when they get them back in stock.

Their price is usually pretty damn good as well when they run their frequent sales.

I want to say about $13/20 if memory serves me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345