Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10-8 or Wilson Combat Vickers Sights for G19

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

10-8 or Wilson Combat Vickers Sights for G19

I am looking to replace the sights I have on my G19. I am now set on a U-notch rear with red fiber optic front, and decided this is the best setup for me. My G17 has the 10-8 setup of .140 rear with .115 red fiber front, which I absolutely love. The WC/LAV set intrigues me, but I do have a few questions for those who know...

1. How durable are the WC sights compared to the 10-8, which are melonited?

2. Does one offer a more crisp sight picture? In particular, I'm wondering how the recessed smooth around the U-notch of the WC's are.

3. The WC front sight has a .245 height, compared to the .215 of the 10-8. Will the RCS Phantom holster with a sight channel for standard height sights have enough clearance for taller front of the WC?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    I have no experience with the 10-8s but have the Wilson's on my LAV Glock 19 & like them so far. Sight picture is very crisp. When sighting the smooth area on the rear sight is not noticeable and they just funnel your eyes to the front sight. I carry a RCS Phantom as well and the Wilson's fit just fine.

Feedback Score
    In your original post, you state that you've found the optimal setup (I'm paraphrasing). Why change?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The WC set is intriguing, in that I wonder if the design of the rear sight would allow for even faster focus to the front. Hopefully what the guy above said about it funneling the eyes to the front works for me as well. I also like the height of the overall set.

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    10-8s work great for me. Never used WC sights. I'm not a fan of the extra deep u notch.
    Last edited by GUNSLINGER733; 02-20-15 at 19:20.
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I've used both on 1911s, they're pretty close.

10-8 is easier to use for racking on a holster or belt.

I like both, but prefer the 10-8 slightly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have both and both are great. I give an edge to the WC sights. The deep U notch rear is perfect for me. It tracks nicely. As far as durability, both are stout sights. I've been running the WC for about 8 months now with just normal wear. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just throwing a third contender into the ring, Dawson Precision. They are VASTLY popular within USPSA and IDPA and have a reputation for being incredibly durable and robust sights. I would at least look into them.

They are also the only manufacturer to offer free front sight replacement to help facilitate a perfect zero. This is monumental because its quite common for off the shelf sights to not zero the same on every gun. Dawson allows you to swap out your front sight as many times as necessary until you have reached your desired 25yd zero. Also, their rear sight is beveled and "open" to allow copious amounts of light in. Lastly, they place their fiber optic or trijicon insert at the very top of the front sight post which gives you a little leeway in terms of lining up the rear sight under duress or at speed.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 02-21-15 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Regarding Dawsons, they only come with the square notch rears right? I hear good things, but at this point, I am only considering U notches going forth.

Feedback Score
    I use the WC rear sight with a Trijicon HD Orange front .... works great for my older eyes .... didn't like the tritium dots on the rear of the HD'S, so I replaced them with the WC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast