Thread: Lost on glock sights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Lost on glock sights

I just picked up a lav g19 yesterday and dont like the the high profile sights that came installed so im looking for something new. Ive been reading about and looking up sights for the last 3 hrs and I am completly lost on all the different sight combos with all the different heights and poa/poi talk. I am trying to keep it close to the factory sight height which if i got it right should be .165 for the front and .256 for the rear. I know i want a poa/poi at 25 yards instead of a 6 o'clock hold. I like the 10-8 and heinie sights but have no idea if they will give a 6 o'clock hold or poa/poi. I dont care for night sights which is another reason i dont like these sights, i like a plain serrated black rear with a white dot front, preferably a .140 or .145 rear and a .125 front. So what are my options here?

This is the front sight i would like to use http://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo...ck-models.html

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For factory height sights I would look at Ameriglo, particularly the DeFoor sights. They are all black, serrated front .115w, flat black rear with a .150 notch. I believe they are POA = POI at 25 yards, but you may want to research that yourself. They are also reasonably priced, somewhere around forty to forty five dollars IIRC.

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of the 10-8's, solid black rear with a fiber optic front sight. Works well for my aging peepers, I run them on just about all my autos.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    I'm a big fan of the 10-8's, solid black rear with a fiber optic front sight. Works well for my aging peepers, I run them on just about all my autos.
    Same here....except I largely use Dawsons.
    If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    If I'm tracking, you're looking for a plain black rear and a front with a single dot that's "drive the dot" at 25 yards, and you want them factory stock height. That rules out 10-8 and Heinie (they're both "taller" than stock). I'd say get that Ameriglo front that you like, and match it up to an Ameriglo plain black .256" tall rear sight. That SHOULD give you the combination you're looking for, at about $50 total cost.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have Trijicon HD's on one of my 19's and I love them. I have the Orange front. On my other 19, I have the Ameriglo I-dot pro's with the orange front that is the same as my HD's. I highly recommend both sites.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I need the LAV rear sight if you want to sell it

Feedback Score
    You are correct on the sight heights, although every gun is different. I have a well used gen 3 19 which shoots high with stock sights and a gen 4 19 which is dead on at 25.

I suggest buying direct from Ameriglo. They have exactly what you are looking for. Call them if you have any questions. Very good company to work with:
    https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sig...l-sights/glock

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Does anyone make a serrated rear with a .140 or .145 that is .256 tall or is my only option the plain black .150 ameriglo? And matt86 ill sell you the rear as soon as i order the new sights which will be within the next few days but if you buy the set id give you a better deal for it.

Feedback Score
    These days the poi/poa with glocks can be a bit variable due to barrel lockup and the differences in ammo. Some of the Dawson packages are nice in that they will give you a new front site if for some reason you are off with your chosen ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk