Thread: Sling attachment

Feedback Score

Sling attachment

How are you guys attaching a sling to the pistol. I know that I can attach one to the rear of the receiver but I like mine attached to the rear of the "stock" like on a carbine or rifle. What are my options?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I lie the tango down mount that bolts over the castle nut. It allows rear QD swivel attachment. Have you tried that? You will be hard pressed to find a sling attachment for the buffer on an AR pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quick disconnect 2 point seems to be very popular.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I connected the sling to the hook & loop arm strap that came with the Sig arm brace

Just set down with your shorty and study it until an idea comes to you. Get creative
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I connected the sling to the hook & loop arm strap that came with the Sig arm brace

Just set down with your shorty and study it until an idea comes to you. Get creative
    That's what I ended up doing. Works great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

the hook and loop strap that is on the sig brace is of very poor quality the stitching on that thing is very limited. I would not hold very much confidence in that strap as a sling point. If your wanted to get really creative..use a drill and put a small hole in the thick rubber part of the Sig Brace right under the buffer tube and run 550 cord through it for a connection point. that would be very strong. and if you don't like it, it will not affect function of the brace at all so you can just take it off and try something else.

to each his own though.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    What about a pistol buffer tube with the QD socket at the end, like the spikes tube. That sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Feedback Score
    Blue force gear burnsed socket for QD on the sig brace strap for me. Works great.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/burnsed-socket.html
    Last edited by Fumes; 05-02-15 at 20:48.