Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont cleant your sealed rifle can they say....

Feedback Score
    I know for certain wolf ammo did not cause either.

Both the filth and end cap strike was there before I ordered a K of wolf. Filth has been there for some time and Im just now getting serious about getting it out. Mainly due to switching hosts and having chunks break free from inside the can

I had no issues out of wolf ammo and got pretty darn good accuracy out of it. Its not my favorite, but had a line on some for real cheap.

1k is a drop in the bucket compared to how many rounds are through that can
    Last edited by Chase45; 02-27-15 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have perhaps twice the amount of rounds through my suppressor, almost all fired from a 10.3" or 11.5" w/ Muzzle Brake and my M4-2000 doesn't even look close to that filthy.

What kind of shooting do you do? Mine has a very, very thin "film" of carbon and that's it. No chunks or anything like what you show in your pics

Also, on your PEQ how do you use it in the position it's in with the BUIS in front of it? I get really bad IR reflection when used behind a Troy BUIS
    I haven't had an issue to be honest. Its mounted right up against the sight. The red laser splashes it every so gently but not enough to mess with anything. I want to say the IR laser doesn't hit it at all, but the illuminator does splash on it a tid bit.

Really been no issue to be honest. No more than the PEQ2a I had anyways. I figure their all going to splash slightly.

Ive only used it once at night due to this ignorant cold. Sighting it in I got a nice hand size group at 100 yards, in complete darkness.

Honestly like this civilian laser much more than the full powers I have used, the IR laser isn't powerful enough to splash the target resulting in very good accuracy, for a laser that is

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Once you get it clean is there any value or danger in soaking the ting if fireclean or some other chemical to prevent the caking to begin with??

Feedback Score
    Anyone try electrocleaning? Might help blow some of that crap out.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What about sending it back to manufacturer for cleaning and maintenance check ?

Feedback Score
    Did a few hours with CLR.

Here's some pics. Changed solution and going to do it for a few more then call it good.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase45 View Post
    Did a few hours with CLR.

Here's some pics. Changed solution and going to do it for a few more then call it good.

Yeah, I'd say that did the trick! Rattle can time.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What is CLR?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I did several cycles all day long with CLR. I replaced the solution again with CLR before dinner. I cycled it for a few more hours. It didn't seem to be doing anything and I figured I finally hit a point to where it wasn't going to do much more. However I still ran one last cycle and the solution became dirty. So I decided a few more cycles were in order.

I left the can in over night. I hit it again with two more cycles this morning. I left it with the heat on and cycle running when I left. Ill pull it out when I get home later and call it good.

Im thinking about pulling it out and drying it, and then immediately running and firing a box through it. Seems the UC has softend up what remains quite a bit. Im wondering if the pressure from firing will knock what remains out.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast