Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspired to build an SPR

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you for all the effort you put into this thread, it is appreciated.

I'm doing a Recce build as we speak, and also chose a Geissele rail.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by immanuelrx View Post
    How do you like the Geissele Rails?
    The Geissele SMR rails might be one of the most well designed rails that I have ever used. Without a doubt. Solid, well built, easy to install. I'm officially a big fan. I wanted to use one for a long while now, but didn't have plans for a new upper and I rarely replace components on existing uppers if what I already have is working just fine. This new upper provided the opportunity to scratch that itch to finally use one. Unfortunately, I was a few months late and finding a keymod G rail was next to impossible. It really bugs me that they decided to only produce mlok. When I asked "why?" I was told that mlok was simply easier to machine.

The Geissele and BCM KMR are by far my favorite rail designs out there right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice rig. I also love the Geissele rails. Their bullet proof! How do you like the bipod. I am looking for one for my SPR, and consider the same atlas you have there.
    The Atlas is great. Been using this one for a couple of years now. It's strong and offers greater adjustability than a Harris (leg positions). But it is slower to deploy. It's built like a tank. Tilt & pan are also nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thank you for all the effort you put into this thread, it is appreciated.

I'm doing a Recce build as we speak, and also chose a Geissele rail.
    Thanks SS. I didn't want to just post up the typical "look at my new toy" thread. Which rail are you going to use?
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 02-28-15 at 16:00.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Great write up. A nice example of what a build thread should be.

And nice rifle!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice build! The Geissele rail is a nice touch. My SPR-ish build is very similar.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    The Geissele SMR rails might be one of the most well designed rails that I have ever used. Without a doubt. Solid, well built, easy to install. I'm officially a big fan. I wanted to use one for a long while now, but didn't have plans for a new upper and I rarely replace components on existing uppers if what I already have is working just fine. This new upper provided the opportunity to scratch that itch to finally use one. Unfortunately, I was a few months late and finding a keymod G rail was next to impossible. It really bugs me that they decided to only produce mlok. When I asked "why?" I was told that mlok was simply easier to machine.
    Man, i would like to get my hands on one but it seems they are sold out on the Geissele website. I was planning to get the DD lite rail for my current build but that might change with how much i like the how the SMR looks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by immanuelrx View Post
    Man, i would like to get my hands on one but it seems they are sold out on the Geissele website. I was planning to get the DD lite rail for my current build but that might change with how much i like the how the SMR looks.
    ROG Tactical was the only place I could find the keymod SMR. They still had some earlier this week.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks SS. I didn't want to just post up the typical "look at my new toy" thread. Which rail are you going to use?
    Those nice folks at BCM sold me a Mk II. Light weight, but I can still beat a water buffalo to death with it.

You know how pesky water buffalo can be.

I've an Atlas for mine as well. Still contemplating optics.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Those nice folks at BCM sold me a Mk II. Light weight, but I can still beat a water buffalo to death with it.

You know how pesky water buffalo can be.

I've for an Atlas for mine as well. Still contemplating optics.
    Yeah, those Mk2 & Mk3 versions are the definition of bomb proof, or maybe buffalo proof?

I'm looking at optics now. Trying to decide between the Vortex HST 4-16X44 or the PST 2.5-10x44.

Feedback Score
    ROG Tactical was the only place I could find the keymod SMR. They still had some earlier this week.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great write up, and very nice build. Your SPR is screaming for spray paint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast