Thread: MFT mags?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MFT mags?

GTG or not? anybody with first hand experience?
    somehow I can find them cheaper than Pmags here in EU but I can not find any info on them.

thanks
    F.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    I am a mag whore, but so far at least I've not tried these...
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I've put quite a few rounds through them and I like them. With the sample of 4 that I've had a chance to use I had no issues. I personally prefer them above the hex mags and so far they have ran with the Lancers and Magpuls.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    my buddy has a few, and I like some of the stuff I see from MFT, but Pmags and Lancer are all I pretty much run, if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of thing
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No experience with them. Only GI (2) and Pmags (12+). I feel no need to try anything else when I have 100% reliability.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks,
    I've ordered three and will report back as soon as I get them.
    My experience is limited to USGI and Pmags but since Pmags are getting harder to find here and the USGI are not cheaper than other mags I don't mind trying something new.

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't pay attention to where you are. *facepalm*

Let us know how they work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They were giving some MFT magazines away at Shot Show this year. I haven't opened mine up to try yet.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, I received my mags last Friday.
    The mags are really well made, the texture on the side is a nice touch... Feels like a DIY stippling that has been sanded.
    I don't have a gen3 pmag to compare but these MFT are extremely lightweight:
    112g colt USGI
    136g gen2 pmag
    115g MFT

The mag is pretty slim as well (25mm).. again I don't have a gen3 pmag on hand but I quite sure they're similar.
    One little detail I've noticed is that the follower doesn't apply any pressure on the feed lips when the mag is empty because a inner tab prevent the follower to get in contact with the feed lips.
    All the mags dropped free from my 3x colt lowers.
    Also ran 200rds without a single malfunction.

Cheers
    F.

The Armory:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got one from Shot Show this year. My buddy then proceeded to beat the crap out of it while at home and at the range. Dropping it from different heights kicking it down the street, ran it over with a car (LX 430), left it in the mud, stabbed it with a knife a couple of times. Basically he was trying to make it fail. Used it yesterday fed all rounds no hiccups... take what you will from that..