Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconventional/Uncommon/Unique Items in Your Kit

Feedback Score
    While not that unusual, here are a couple very useful things that I carry

JB Weld - I can fix nearly anything with it

Large rat trap - best thing made for catching squirrels

Cyalume sticks - need light for more than just a little while?

small tea candles - much easier to make a fire once lit

double yes on the yo-yo's

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I remember reading an article somewhere about a guy going away for work to relatively dangerous/third world country. I remember he listed the things he packed in his one backpack. The one thing that stood out to me, and I thought was a good idea was a pack of candy.

His reasoning was that it can be used to give as a sign of good gesture when coming across someone with language barrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I remember reading an article somewhere about a guy going away for work to relatively dangerous/third world country. I remember he listed the things he packed in his one backpack. The one thing that stood out to me, and I thought was a good idea was a pack of candy.

His reasoning was that it can be used to give as a sign of good gesture when coming across someone with language barrier.
    That's for sure!!

In these parts the best "candy" I could produce would be a brick of .22 ammo or a case of beer!
    I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation.
    Pope Pius X

Feedback Score
    Mk.13 Flares (x2) and Mk.79 or M-201/P Gyrojets.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVR View Post
    That's for sure!!

In these parts the best "candy" I could produce would be a brick of .22 ammo or a case of beer!
    I like your thinking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I keep one of the County Comm micro grapple hooks in my "travel/go" bag
    Attachment 32061

For the potassium permanganate, is also gets interesting when mixed with glycerin IIRC
    means its an automatic fire starter with nothing else needed but tinder. do it in a controlled area (concrete driveway) its a sure fire starter. been used by campers and military for years. before all the new whiz bang ways were invented. IF U TRY THESE: caution. keep them separated in glass bottles. when I carried it, I used 1oz glass bottles and put THEM in a plastic bottle. good kit

carbine357

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine357 View Post
    means its an automatic fire starter with nothing else needed but tinder. do it in a controlled area (concrete driveway) its a sure fire starter. been used by campers and military for years. before all the new whiz bang ways were invented. IF U TRY THESE: caution. keep them separated in glass bottles. when I carried it, I used 1oz glass bottles and put THEM in a plastic bottle. good kit

carbine357
    on youtube a guy cut two bottle caps with the threaded portion and used a plastic disk as a space then epoxyd them. seems like a good compact method

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have lately been carrying a pencil sharpener. Partly because its usefull and partly because it was all "cheating daddy" when I pulled it out and showed the kids how fast I could make shavings(after they had been slaving away for 10min with a mora).

Just to clarify I use it on pencil sized twigs. I have been looking for one of those pencil sharpeners for those huge novelty pencils though because I think it might be more useful.
    Last edited by threeheadeddog; 08-02-16 at 17:11. Reason: clarity
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    Sweet KLR and Tankvest Lost River!

I always have a small bottle of iodine tabs, they saved my ass (and the group I was with) once.
    Last edited by strambo; 08-22-16 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by threeheadeddog View Post
    I have lately been carrying a pencil sharpener. Partly because its usefull and partly because it was all "cheating daddy" when I pulled it out and showed the kids how fast I could make shavings(after they had been slaving away for 10min with a mora).

Just to clarify I use it on pencil sized twigs. I have been looking for one of those pencil sharpeners for those huge novelty pencils though because I think it might be more useful.
    http://m.staples.com/Charles-Leonard...product_975836

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast