Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Unconventional/Uncommon/Unique Items in Your Kit

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalagi88 View Post
    Wisdom. But where to buy...?
    You can find it on eBay, they will ship you all you need. A pound is usually under 20 bucks shipped.

You can also find magnesium ribbon there. It's a lot more useful than those magnesium blocks. Ever try to shave flecks off of one, in a windy rainstorm while your hands are numb? I have, and it sucks. And not in a good way, either.

Adding a few strips of magnesium ribbon to your kit actually weighs less, and is a lot easier to use.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You can find it on eBay, they will ship you all you need. A pound is usually under 20 bucks shipped.

You can also find magnesium ribbon there. It's a lot more useful than those magnesium blocks. Ever try to shave flecks off of one, in a windy rainstorm while your hands are numb? I have, and it sucks. And not in a good way, either.

Adding a few strips of magnesium ribbon to your kit actually weighs less, and is a lot easier to use.
    I found it, in a one pound container. Loudwolf brand. Do you have a brand you prefer? Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nope, I have used several different sources. I have never noticed any real differences.

You used to be able to buy big tubs at a swimming pool supply store, but no longer.

Feedback Score
    dental floss unflavored, rubber gloves and condoms
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Got it. I ordered a pound. I also saw on for magnesium ribbon, one post was selling aluminum powder and black iron oxide powder. Interesting stuff to be had on eBay.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Good copy, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Got it. I ordered a pound. I also saw on for magnesium ribbon, one post was selling aluminum powder and black iron oxide powder. Interesting stuff to be had on eBay.

Sweet baby Harambe, I hope they don't ship all of that in the same box.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sweet baby Harambe, I hope they don't ship all of that in the same box.
    1LB Al powder and 3LB Black Iron Oxide powder and 75' of magnesium ribbon.

When I did a mouse-over the "Buy It Now" button I swear it said NSA red flag. Lol

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Vaseline infused cotton balls in a zip lock bag for fire starting.

- light, compact and work like magic.
    Triple antibiotic ointment in lieu of the Vaseline will burn also while adding another function.

Small bottle of alum to cause cuts to clot up faster.

Feedback Score
    Pocket sized crossword puzzle booklet ... if stuck somewhere helps relieve boredom. Doubles as a way to leave someone a coded message or to store passwords & ID numbers.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast