Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: MOA challenge

Feedback Score
    Ok I have had some interesting developments. I decided to glue my barrel extension into my receiver. No problems there but when I went to the range yesterday hoping to shoot bugholes the load that had been shooting best scattered like a shotgun. An oh shit moment! I had some loads from past load development in the truck so I just decided to give them a shot. They shot better. Well I said back to the drawing board. Went home and looked it my log book for past experiments. I decided that load development was going to have to start over. I picked varget, RL15 and CFE223 and loaded up three groups for each in the midrange of the recommended loads. I am grabbing at straws at this point. Varget didn't show me anything, RL15 showed promise with one load and CFE223 looked good on two of the loads. I picked the RL15 and loaded it up and shot the MOA challenge. Just a slight improvement from last week but I do like the consistency of the groups better. That is except group 3. I lost it on that one. Hopefully with more load development I will find the magic. Next weekend I will investigate CFE223 and H4895.

Seems gluing in the barrel extension changed the entire barrel harmonics

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/rc...uulmk.jpg.html
    Last edited by rcoodyar15; 08-16-15 at 15:06.

Feedback Score

MOA challenge

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm going to try it. Right now with a RDS andM855 I can get 1.5" Five shot groups. Tomorrow I get to try out my PA 1x6. I think that will get me close. If not, I currently have several different types of ammo and a Giselle SSA-E trigger en route to me. This might get me there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by teksid; 08-16-15 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    Well I finally figure out how to post the pics. This weekend was devoted to new load development. Found loads with 69gr Sierra MK with RL15, H4895 and CFE 223 that produced half in groups. Worked really hard to find a berger 70vld single load load that would produce good groups. Solid half inch but way too much trouble if the others work. Anyway spent the weekend on load development hopefully next weekend one of the three will make the challenge.

Oh and I finally figured out how to post my pics from photo bucket. Posting directly from the computer it always says the file is to large and I tried everything.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by rcoodyar15; 08-23-15 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shot a new best today with my M25. One 5-shot group and four ten shot groups. Results are in the picture...

45 rounds at 0.991 MOA.

Tony.
    ----------------
    TonyBen, LLC
    www.tonybenm14.com
    tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Feedback Score
    Last edited by asp762; 10-24-15 at 16:04.

Feedback Score
    Found a good 100 yard load. Very soft shooting. Not my most accurate load, but it is so smooth shooting that I like it.

Krieger 20" barrel.

.6378 moa 100 yards If there's any confusion, I measured the groups twice and picked the larger of the two measurements.

77 SMK 7 1/2 primer RWS brass 8208 XBRO 21.1 grains works well for me. This rifle makes anyone look like a pro.

The range (100 YARDS):
    Last edited by asp762; 10-24-15 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    Well I finally received my 6mm ar turbo40 upper. Build me a dedicated lower for it with a magpul PRS stock and a Geissele national match trigger.

been working on load development. Found one load that really has promise. this is a single load round. I am working on mag length loads now. Soon I will shoot the 5 five shot group MOA challenge. If I can do my part I believe it will be a good one.

Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass necked down to 6 mm, BR4 primers, 28.6 gr H4895, Lapua scenar L 105 gr. jammed 0.01 into the lands

average velocity 2820, ES 11, SD 4.2

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by rcoodyar15; 11-17-15 at 05:33.

Feedback Score
    Looks good RC;

What trigger were you using in the .223 build that you were shooting earlier ?
    The reason I ask is I usually only change one thing at a time to come to a base line.
    Variable would be is the new upper and cartridge more inherently accurate with your loads ?
    Variable would be a better trigger would have fired better groups in your .223 ?

I, myself am taking my .223 precision build one step at a time to prove to me a base line of what will and what will not improve the rifle/my capabilities.

As an aside, I am not giving you any crap in any way, it is a program that I follow when experimenting with different rifles and loads and etc...

I would also suggest shooting the "Quarter MOA" challenge that Molon has introduced.
    Shooting a tight five shot group is not the same as being able to introduce the projectile into the same spot ten times in a row; very challenging(it is kind of a head game

Clarence
    Lija 4 groove AR24 1:8 twist
    BCM4 upper and BCG
    Anderson lower
    Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger
    Leupold MK AR 6-18x40mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AM-15 View Post
    Looks good RC;

What trigger were you using in the .223 build that you were shooting earlier ?
    The reason I ask is I usually only change one thing at a time to come to a base line.
    Variable would be is the new upper and cartridge more inherently accurate with your loads ?
    Variable would be a better trigger would have fired better groups in your .223 ?

I, myself am taking my .223 precision build one step at a time to prove to me a base line of what will and what will not improve the rifle/my capabilities.

As an aside, I am not giving you any crap in any way, it is a program that I follow when experimenting with different rifles and loads and etc...

I would also suggest shooting the "Quarter MOA" challenge that Molon has introduced.
    Shooting a tight five shot group is not the same as being able to introduce the projectile into the same spot ten times in a row; very challenging(it is kind of a head game

Clarence
    I still have my .223. It has a SSA-E.

I built a completely new lower for the 6mm ar turbo. It has a fixed PRS stock and a Geissele national match 8oz trigger. Trust me a fixed stock makes a considerable difference and an 8 oz trigger does too. One day I will put that .223 on this lower and see what difference it makes.

Time is tight for me now but my main thrust is load development for the 6mm. I have that lapua load that I shot that group with. I have repeated it several times now always in the low threes to high 2's. that load is jammed 0.01 into the lands. Looking for a mag length load equal to it and haven't found a consistent one yet.

after load development then I can settle down to the MOA challenge and the quarter minute of angle.

Feedback Score
    Curious as to why a fixed stock makes a considerable difference.
    I can understand the 8 oz trigger.(have an NM trigger coming as I type).

As to a "fixed" stock, even an adjustable is "fixed" at different positions.
    Being able to accommodate clothing issues to keep your head at the exact location on the stock and scope/eye relief is a must IMHO therefore an adjustable stock.
    If slight movement is the problem with an adjustable stock, that is easily remedied.

Good luck with your project.

Clarence
    Lija 4 groove AR24 1:8 twist
    BCM4 upper and BCG
    Anderson lower
    Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle trigger
    Leupold MK AR 6-18x40mm

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast