Thread: Hogue Handall grips

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hogue Handall grips

I've never really been a fan of the Hogue handall grips, as they have finger grooves and palm swells. But, wthe edges of the grips are super thin. Every other aftermarket slip on is much thicker, and I hate the edges of the thick rubber. So, I've been making due with ugly innertube pieces on polymer guns for years now. It works great, but looks terrible.

I broke down and put a regular Hogue Handall on my fullsize PX4 a few weeks ago. It's growing on me. On my new PX4 compact, I decided to try the Handall Jr. The palm swells are much smaller, and it only has ONE finger groove. I bought it with the PX4 compact yesterday and installed it. Works very well. I will admit that I wish it had no finger groove, but it's very nice.

I broke down and got one again today for the P2000 and just installed it. I like it.

I would get one for the P2000sk, but the grip already has it's own finger groove built in. I don't think it would work too well with the Hogue. I'd either end up having 2 finger grooves with a strange spacing. OR, one that sticks out even further because it would be on top of the polymer one. So, that gun will be keeping the ugly innertube. I'm also satisfied with the way the innertube works on my Shield. So, that one stays too.

But anyway - this looks much better now:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried them a few years ago and could never get into them. The grooves never lined up with my fingers (Like a Glock), and they slid around too much. They did feel good in the hand however.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tried them, never liked them, but if they work for you rock on. That said, do have a set of hogue grips on a Ruger P89, made a world of difference on that gun, though it really is nothing more than a range toy, but for what I have in it I like dragging it out every now and again to play with.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love the Hogue grip panels on my Beretta 92's - they are fantastic on that gun.

Hogue makes some good stuff for other guns - yes indeed