Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Question re: Israel and US relationship

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    If But how would expending resources on a backwater nation of little strategic value (Namibia) serve our national interest?

That I sponsor a child in Uganda does not mean I advocate my government doing so.
    Because it would be the right thing to do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Government doing charity is never the right thing, it becomes theft.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    It's "right" for the government to expend blood and treasure in the national interest only. Foreign charity based purely on compassion is a personal decision.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

Why are people so fascinated with the IDF, Krav Maga, and carrying around an empty gun?
    Go to most of the larger FOBs in Iraq and A-Stan at the height of those conflicts and you would have seen a bunch of FLS's walking around with empty weapons - and reflective belts. You know, because one must remain illuminescent to their enemy...

As for Krav Maga, it is Zumba for men and ugly chicks.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-09-15 at 10:39.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's "right" for the government to expend blood and treasure in the national interest only. Foreign charity based purely on compassion is a personal decision.
    Foreign policy based on something other than the exigencies of the moment would be a pleasant change. We've lain down with some pretty scummy bed partners based on expediency rather than principle. (BTW - even though this thread is about Israel, and I'm not the biggest fan of their Government, I don't place Israel in this category.)

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    “I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” —James Madison
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” —James Madison
    Yes, I've read the quote. James Madison was talking about aid to refugees on American soil. Contextually, I see a difference between what I stated and what the quote references. I do believe such actions would be in the National interest. Obviously we differ in that opinion. It's America home of the free because of the brave.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-10-15 at 13:35.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456