Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Praying (suppressor) bill passes in IA.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Praying (suppressor) bill passes in IA.

Hello all,

So in Ia. we are trying to get suppressor bill passed again. My stupid question is, can you legaly take it off of one rifle that you own and put it on differant rifle that you own?
    Is it better to do a trust or just do it normal.

Thanks Scott
    Last edited by ST911; 03-03-15 at 20:57. Reason: Accurized thread title

Feedback Score
    Yes you can use it on multiple rifles.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Better with a trust, especially if you have kids. Otherwise they will need to apply for transfer and pay a $200 tax per item after your death, it can get expensive.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I'm also hoping that IA passes this, as well as IL.

Then, maybe the retards in the MN legislature will pull their heads out of their....who the hell am I kidding?

Either way, I wish you very good luck on working with your legislators on passing something that should be common sense.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    HF1434, which overturns the MN ban on suppressors, is now in the house. Call your reps, then call them again or forever give up your right to piss and moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    I'm also hoping that IA passes this, as well as IL.

Then, maybe the retards in the MN legislature will pull their heads out of their....who the hell am I kidding?

Either way, I wish you very good luck on working with your legislators on passing something that should be common sense.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HF 1434, legalization of suppressors in MN, passed the house 16-1! Good news for us Minnesotans
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    But I must advise that trigger time will do more than shopping time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Better with a trust, especially if you have kids. Otherwise they will need to apply for transfer and pay a $200 tax per item after your death, it can get expensive.
    That's simply not true. A trust may make it easier, but the item will transfer tax free to an heir on a ATF Form 5 (see check boxes in Section 1) without a trust. Even with a trust, you may need to go through the F5, depending on position heir holds (trustee vs beneficiary) and how the trust is written.

There are several advantages of going the trust route. Avoiding the $200 transfer to your kids when you die isn't one of them (a fact a majority of people don't know when they're getting into the NFA game).
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-04-15 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    That's simply not true. A trust may make it easier, but the item will transfer tax free to an heir on a ATF Form 5 (see check boxes in Section 1) without a trust. Even with a trust, you may need to go through the F5, depending on position heir holds (trustee vs beneficiary) and how the trust is written.

There are several advantages of going the trust route. Avoiding the $200 transfer to your kids when you die isn't one of them (a fact a majority of people don't know when they're getting into the NFA game).
    You beat me to it. Lawyers have done a fantastic job of convincing the community that we need to give them our money but the fact of the matter most people don't even realize what a trust can and cannot do or why they may or may not need one. Unfortunately there are people who can't get CLEO sign-off and that's the single biggest reason and that loop hole is going to be closed because everyone is abusing it which has brought WAY too much attention to it. I've got dozens of NFA items registered personally and they all perform exactly as they would if they were on a trust. I rest easy at night knowing that if anything happens to me someone close to me is getting a nice collection of NFA items w/o having to pay a dime.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    You beat me to it. Lawyers have done a fantastic job of convincing the community that we need to give them our money but the fact of the matter most people don't even realize what a trust can and cannot do or why they may or may not need one. Unfortunately there are people who can't get CLEO sign-off and that's the single biggest reason and that loop hole is going to be closed because everyone is abusing it which has brought WAY too much attention to it. I've got dozens of NFA items registered personally and they all perform exactly as they would if they were on a trust. I rest easy at night knowing that if anything happens to me someone close to me is getting a nice collection of NFA items w/o having to pay a dime.

100% correct answer
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    ...Unfortunately there are people who can't get CLEO sign-off and that's the single biggest reason and that loop hole is going to be closed because everyone is abusing it which has brought WAY too much attention to it.
    So what's the alternative if a CLEO won't sign off? Certainly, you can't blame someone for going the trust route in that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast