Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Praying (suppressor) bill passes in IA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah. It's complete insanity. Around here, nobody even looks at you if you have a can or an SBR because they're so common. I've never heard of anyone having their forms or papers checked for anything. No one I shoot with even has copies of papers with them.
    I've been carrying papers with me for like a decade now and I actually want some stray ATF agent to approach me sometime to request papers so that I can actually feel like I went to all of that work for a reason. It's not going to happen in my lifetime though. I guess that's for the better but the point is a LOT of people worry about the boogie man when it comes to these topics.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    Thanks that clears up alot.
    Sure. It just amazes me how well fear mongering works even with this crowd as it's swept other forums especially like the latest dance craze or social media fad before common sense could kick in. I do have a couple of friends who have Trusts but that's because their CLEO is a doucher and even in the middle of red states thinks that 'SBRs and Suppressors only have one purpose, to kill people w/o other people knowing' lol In that case the Trust is your only option and it's a shame that the majority of people with Trusts for NFA purpose are ruining for those who actually need it just to own NFA items.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Praying (suppressor) bill passes in IA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Where in my posts did I say that nobody should do it? I believe I was quite specific in my posts already about this exact instance.
    You never did say that "nobody" should do it but that also not what I asked either.
    You specifically said that trusts were being abused in the "unfortunate" case of a CLEO refusing to sign off. My question is, "what's the alternative?"

Or maybe you meant something else but just worded it poorly.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 03-06-15 at 12:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Well, the part of your post that I specifically quoted.
    You specifically said that trusts were being abused in the "unfortunate" case of a CLEO refusing to sign off.

Or maybe you meant something else but just worded it poorly.
    It's not worded poorly if your reading comprehension is that of a Jr High student or above. Don't twist my words to spark some stupid internet debate when everyone else here reading knows exactly what I said and I've since reiterated numerous times in this very thread. There should be no confusion on what I said or meant so how you can twist what I've said in your mind to mean the exact opposite is some impressive mental gymnastics.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    It's not worded poorly if your reading comprehension is that of a Jr High student or above. Don't twist my words to spark some stupid internet debate when everyone else here reading knows exactly what I said and I've since reiterated numerous times in this very thread. There should be no confusion on what I said or meant so how you can twist what I've said in your mind to mean the exact opposite is some impressive mental gymnastics.
    Wow! Someone's sensitive...

I saw your second post after the one I quoted & you meant something different than how you worded it in the one I quoted.
    Whether you like it or not, it was worded poorly but... it was improved on the second go around.

There was no intention on "sparking stupid internet debate" or twisting of any words. Sorry you took my honest question, of seeking some clarity, to heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Wow! Someone's sensitive...

I saw your second post after the one I quoted & you meant something different than how you worded it in the one I quoted.
    Whether you like it or not, it was worded poorly but... it was improved on the second go around.

There was no intention on "sparking stupid internet debate" or twisting of any words. Sorry you took my honest question, of seeking some clarity, to heart.
    I'm not sensitive just tired of people sidetracking topics in an effort to say 'look at me!' when the rest of us are all on the same page.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok I'm not taking sides on this, but since it was my post to begin with, Jer and Markm answered my questions clearly.

Thanks Scott

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    Hello all,

So in Ia. we are trying to get suppressor bill passed again. My stupid question is, can you legaly take it off of one rifle that you own and put it on differant rifle that you own?
    Is it better to do a trust or just do it normal.

Thanks Scott
    To the ATF the Supressor IS the NFA weapon. If you legally can own and use a suppressor you can attach it to whatever rifle/pistol you want. You're not registering a suppressed version of your firearm, you are registering the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    HF1434, which overturns the MN ban on suppressors, is now in the house. Call your reps, then call them again or forever give up your right to piss and moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    I'm also hoping that IA passes this, as well as IL.

Then, maybe the retards in the MN legislature will pull their heads out of their....who the hell am I kidding?

Either way, I wish you very good luck on working with your legislators on passing something that should be common sense.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HF 1434, legalization of suppressors in MN, passed the house 16-1! Good news for us Minnesotans
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    But I must advise that trigger time will do more than shopping time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast