Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ARID Products Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey guys,

As a heads up, we are having a Memorial Day weekend sale of 15% off everything on the site (www.aridusindustries.com) which is the cheapest everything has been since we took pre-orders. Thanks!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Saw Wilson Combat is selling these, pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Yep! We currently have 7 people beta testing the 870 units. Alpha testing for the 500/590 model should finish up next week, and if all goes well we should enter Mossberg beta testing in early July. Both ShawnL and tzook have test units, so they may be able to chime in on how it is all going!
    You mean you're not just going to dump them into production and let your customers figure out what needs to be fixed? What's this!? Actual T&E/R&D?!

Good on you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    You mean you're not just going to dump them into production and let your customers figure out what needs to be fixed? What's this!? Actual T&E/R&D?!

Good on you!
    Haha, thanks. Thankfully I've seen enough of that happen and learned from others mistakes and it has paid off. These have been out to the public for over a year now (began shipping the production units right after SHOT 2016) and so far so good. There have been tweaks along the way to improve based on feedback from customers, but I've yet to hear of any complaints, problems, or failures of any kind).

Things are scaling up now. There are certain things that are actually a lot easier and more consistent with volume. Between that and the fact that I learn something new and look to improve with every batch, the end product keeps getting better better. I'm very pleased with where the specs are at this point, and it all goes back to getting great initial feedback from the testers as well as continued feedback from customers.
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 02-14-17 at 04:18.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    I am a beta tester for this, and while I'll definitely be putting up a detailed and in depth review in the future, the short story is I love it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing out there quite like it. It's durable, it's simple, and most importantly, it's fast. Really, really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I love it, and being forced to put time on the shotty for the testing has kinda made me start to like the boom stick.

It does exactly what its supposed to do, best side saddle Ive ever used. No warping or inconsistent position like cheap elastic and velcro ones. Its rugged as a one piece unit but can be changed out faster, easier, and with consistent index unlike a velcro one. Its not just the best of both worlds, its pretty much better than either of the current options out there in all aspects.
    Do you guys still have these? What is your long term use opinion of them?

I have been wanting to try one out so I just order one and a coupe spare carriers for my 870P and am excited to give it a go.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’m not either of those two you quoted, but I’ve had one for a bit. I holds up well, no loss of tension when stored with the shells in, and locks up nice and tight. It took a little bit for me to get smooth with the quick change to a loaded carrier, but it’s nice.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    First I want to give a big shout out and thank you Adam, Owner of Aridus Industries. I have been wanting to try a Q-DC since it was first introduced but just couldn't swing the price tag. I finally broke down and decided I had to have one, but my during my frequent drooling missions to the Aridus website they were always on back order. I had been trying to get together a street howitzer class and had to decided get some new/more shotgun cards or pray a Q-DC would be in stock soon, so not being big on praying for shit I need/want and expecting it to happen I reached out to Adam to see if had any would become available soon, that was 2 o'clock in the morning. By 5:30 that same morning Adam had returned my email and informed me they were actually in stock, that he just had not had a chance to update the website (now done BTW) and if I placed an order it would ship. Cool beans, when I got home late that night I placed my order for an 870 Q-DC and a couple spare carriers. After I place my order I check my email and notice I screwed myself on the shipping address, my billing address is in a different city and I crossed the correct street address with wrong city via autofill, totally my fault for not catching it. So I bang off an email reply to order confirmation explaining my chokage and go to bed. Next morning I have an email with a shipping confirmation complete with tracking number to an address that doesn't exist...shit, f**k. So I put together another email (cut and paste of the first one really) and sent to the first email address, which was an site info vs the order confirmation address I had sent to the previous night. Just I touched it off I receive another email with a new shipping confirmation complete with tracking number to the correct address. Three days later it arrived from PA to OR and was on 870P. So thanks again, Adam, for a great product and the excellent customer service. I'm sure you haven't heard the last from me.

First impressions of the Q-DC, extremely well made, beautifully machined and finished, everything tip-top and much lighter than I was expecting, bonus. Simple to install, pop out the two trigger assembly pins, put the appropriate sized hex head screw into the correct size hole, degrease the exposed threads and corresponding threaded holes in the mount, put on a drop of the provided thread locker, allow to dry 15-30, screw on the mount just enough to snug up the screws, don't over tighten as the mount is aluminum and will be stripped by the steel screws if one goes gorilla on it. I was a little concerned the latch would be a difficult to rapidly engage because it is pretty low profile and well protected from accidental activation, but that was not the case it is easily activated intentionally with either left or right hand. It doesn't look I'll get into a shotgun class before spring but I'm most definitely am enjoying "playing" with it in the meantime. It has truly brought new life into an old friend, I am digging my gauge. It indexes perfectly every time unlike the Velcro shotgun cards and holds rounds completely solid brass up or down no issues. All-in-all, great product. If you rely on a shotgun for a living or self-defense you owe it to yourself to look into an Aridus QD-C, IMO it is the best option of it's type available today.

If I was point out one negative (and it is not much one IMO) is right-handers might find it crowed when using a current version of Surefire DSF because to the short rearward gripping area, if I was right-handed I'd be using a MagPul forend or classic SF handguard with a LED/Lumen upgrade. I can't think of another downside, maybe running and gunning in a course will reveal something, but at this I'm not seeing it.

( . )Y( . )
    --RITZ--

Seal of Approval
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456